Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 01:27 PM

from puppy to adult hood

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my gang from puppyhood to Adulthood.

Meeka first, although shes not an adult yet as shes still only 7months old
From this..

To ..

Bugzy..

First day home. (Fawn Dobermann is Ember now at rainbow bridge )

Aura.

Ice.

Black/tan Dobe is Luna, now at the Bridge too
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Ice is just gorgeous! Is she/he albino? Looks like it in the pictures... I have always had a soft spot for min pins, such tiny dogs and so full of character!
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Ice is just gorgeous! Is she/he albino? Looks like it in the pictures... I have always had a soft spot for min pins, such tiny dogs and so full of character!
Some people say Albino, Some say Cream and white

And Yup min pins are so full of character and Attitude, It is the first time i've owned little dogs, but they sure stand there ground against the big ones, and its always the little ones that alert me first to the door knocking...or a leaf in the garden blowing...
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Never seen that colour before and have to say I'm struck! Just stunning! wherever did you get her? Is that a standard colour, rare, or just one off? Sorry for all the questions but it's not often i see a dog just so ... WOW! (I'd prefer with a tail but that's just me I'm always going to think that, I like big floppy eared waggy tailed dobes and weims)
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Awww very cute pics, there growing up well you must be very proud
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:16 PM
I would just like to say, I do not want to upset the Dobe Fraternity in this forum, and I dont really want to turn this thread into an anti white dobe thread.. I did think about not putting Ice's pictures up when I put the others up, but then I sat and thought No Ice is part of our Family, I will not exclude him from being in my gangs pictures. But I also do not want to argue with anyone over the white issue.

Now to answer your questions as best I can magpye.

Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Never seen that colour before and have to say I'm struck! Just stunning! wherever did you get her? Is that a standard colour, rare, or just one off? Sorry for all the questions but it's not often i see a dog just so ... WOW! (I'd prefer with a tail but that's just me I'm always going to think that, I like big floppy eared waggy tailed dobes and weims)
I was given Ice by a friend, his breeder, I didnt pay a penny for him, I had him nuetered at 1 yr old as per the contract I signed.
Not a standard colour no, as the breed standard for Dobermanns says something along the lines of white marking of any kind are a fault. But he is recognised by the kennel club and on his kc papers he is down as cream and white. The white gene is actually a masking gene which hides what would have been his normal colour) No he is not rare or a one off there are other white Dobes in this country,(although to produce a white dobermann, you would need 2 dobermanns that carry the white factor) 99% of dobermann breeders/owners do not approve of this colour and as every white factored dobermann is tracked on the kennel club registration by (AF) being on there KC papers, they can stay away from producing white dobermanns by not allowing there dogs to be bred or used at stud to a dog carrying the (AF) mark on there KC papers..
I would reccomend you google white dobermann, and read up on what breeders say about this colour
As for his tail Dobermann's are classed as a working breed, so when the introduction of the docking ban came into force the other year, No Dobermann's bred in this country can be docked.
As a pet and part of our family we love Ice, he is very loving and loyal and a big cuddly hug monster, he doesnt realise he is a Dobermann, he likes to sit on our knees just like the min pins do.

Personally If someone asked me if i reccomended they get a white dobermann (or any normal coloured dobermann) I would try to put them off. Dobermann's in general are not a healthy breed, they have a lot of health issues , I have lost 2 of my beautifull black/tan Dobermann's to breed related health issues.. Kai was 7 when she died- contributing factor to her death although not the only point was Wobblers. Luna her Daughter died aged 6 and 3/4's to Cancer. Ember my fawn/tan Dobermann was sadly p.t.s aged 7 due to Seizures (not a known breed health issue)

Valandra.. Yes I am a very proud mummy to all of my dogs, they are my best friends, and bring me and my family so much joy and laughter

Kelz
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:32 PM
What lovely pic's,