View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 11:29 AM

2 breakthroughs with Murphy this weekend.........

We have a couple of major breakthroughs with Murphy over the weekend. On saturday we went for along walk along the river where theres normally loads of joggers and cyclists (which Murphy loves to chase) and everytime I saw a jogger/cyclist coming our way I tok Murphy to one side told him to sit and we would then wait until the jogger/cyclist went past and then Murphy would get his treat. One the way back to the car Murphy must of seen a cyclist before I did and he came straight over to me (he was offlead) sat in front of me and waited until the cyclist went past and then got his treat, I was soooo damn proud of him I was nearly crying the rest of the way back to the car.

Yesterday evening I had my aunt come over and her 3 kids (Murphy has never met them before) so my house was pretty full of people and lots of noise etc and when I introudced Murphy to them he was a bit weary at first and barked at my aunt a few times and then he would come over to me and I just ignored him but after about 5 mins Murphy just went and chilled out in his bed and then a little while later he got up and had a wonder around the house, the kids fed him crisps which he loved of course and then he went around to everyone to be petted and then went back to his bed and had another snooze, this all went on for about 3 hours yesterday, again, I was sooo proud especially after having that trainer around the other week and Murphy barking at her and her saying (not in so many words but....) that he was aggressive and unpredictable

So all in all a very productive weekend, apart from one of my rabbits getting out of their Chateau D'Bunnie (their converted shed to you and me ) and running around the garden for 1 & 1/2 days, I only got her back in this morning the little minx. The neighbours must of had a real laugh watching me chase her around the garden calling her all the names under the sun !!

Steph x
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Oh that's great Steph

Good boy Murphy
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2004, 11:44 AM
thats brilliant news
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 11:49 AM
good old murphy
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 12:02 PM
great news steph! we had a rabbit who used to do that and once hubby and i were in garden at 7am trying to catch our rabbit b4 hubby went to work as i didnt want him to be out all day i was in pjs and it took about 20 minutes to catch the blimming thing and when we turned back to go in we saw our neighbours in their bedroom window laughing at us!!!!!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 12:14 PM
That's brilliant Steph!!

My m8's rottie does that. He'll bark at you to sart with but then he'll sit in front of you and chatter away like a good un

In fact he chatter's more than me
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:04 PM
stephanie that is great news

well done murphy,you have done yourself and the breed very proud
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Brilliant news!!!