Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Seany711
New Member!
Male 

28-02-2014, 09:19 PM

Freshpet Select?

I've already asked this before in other forums, but has anyone else tried Freshpet Select? My Chinese Crested/Toy Poodle, Baxter, really likes the the Chicken, Vegetable & Rice Recipe, but we're thinking about trying the Chunky Beef, Vegetable & Rice Recipe.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Welcome to Dogsey
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Welcome to Dogsey. I think this food is an American brand just had a look and not sure we can access it in the UK.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 01:46 AM
Hello, Lynn is correct. It's an American brand and most people on this site are not American, so it's not likely that they would have tried it.

I have not tried it, but someone I knew gave these type of foods to their dog with kidney problems and said it did very well with their dogs.

They used the Vitality stuff from PetSmart, which is like that food you are describing and it did their doggy a world of good. It gets 3 stars on dogfoodadvisor.com but that guy is more or less an idiot, anyway.

If your dogs enjoy it and they do well on it, by all means - feed it! I checked through the ingredient list and it seems pretty good. No corn or pure garbage, so it gets a check mark from me. It's also high in moisture, which is better for dogs than kibble.

I say go for it