Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 05:25 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Up with the lark again here, which means I can get out early again and have the whole world to myself (well, almost!).

I had good news yesterday from the park. The guy who's been in our new van for 2 months has finally purchased one which means I get my commission and Dave gets his free ipad. Now all I've got to do, is persuade the other lady to buy one cos my commission doubles from the 3rd one up, and she is my third, and that'll be a cool £500 for just chatting lol! See, I knew my big gob would come in handy one day

Not much happening here today, might pop down the town for some much needed Clinique top ups from Debenhams, and I might just pop up to the bedding dept and see if they've got a sale on. I must not go in the clothes dept nor will I look at the shoes

Jen, I hope you're feeling a bit better this morning along with your son and the rest of the family, still thinking of you.xxx

Jenny (2) Oh my goodness, hope the boys are ok this morning with that paint!! What a nightmare. Good luck with your visit today, let's hope mum is onthe up again for you.xxx

I hope nobody else has any serious problems going on, and that the doglets are all fine, and I'm off to make another cuppa and get myself out.

Enjoy your day, the sun will be shining, it's official
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Morning Helena. Well done on the commission. You will have to use the iPad. I'm addicted to mine. & it's so easy to take out with me so I don't miss what's going on on here.
Up early this morning as I can't sleep in a strange bed the first night we couldn't have nicer weather if we'd ordered it specially. A very long day yesterday. Only got to the Hotel at 9pm & straight in for Dinner before we'd even been up to the room. By the time that finished it was 10-30 so we went for a stroll round the village after sitting down all day. No rush this morning though we only leave at 10 to have a visit to Cobh & Jamiesons Whisky place. Seeing as neither of us can stand Whisky it's probably not worth us going in though. Have to see if there is anything else going on there..
After all the travelling I can't remember who's doing what but I hope everybody & their relatives are well xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Morning

Yawn! Very tired this morning. Steve has come back with Loki and I am about to get the kids up. There's a Corpus Christi procession at school this morning and I still haven't decided whether to go. It's a bit chilly!

There's a meeting today about restructuring at Steve's work - I hate that word 'restructuring'. Fingers crossed all will be okay.

Have a lovely day everyone and big hugs to all that need them.
x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Morning H, Taffsmum and all

Well done H on your sales techniques! You're obviously a natural! Enjoy your walk, hope it's a peaceful one!

Enjoy your hols Taffs mum.

I hope the two Jenny's are ok, along with everybody else.

It's sunny here but a cold wind blowing, we may go out after the school doggies have strolled up and down the track today.

Still having trouble with registering this satnav for it's lifetime maps and 3 years live service, last two emails no reply, telephone call on an 0845 number advice was charge it for 6 hours, how that will help register it or get a response from customer services I do not know. It is going back today, I will be having to jump up and down as they are non returnable.

I am looking forward to having my hair cut today, just wish I was braver and could go for a complete change.

My cousin was happy to see me yesterday, I took him shopping for his dvd's and brought him home for a cup of tea and a hair cut. He is not looking too good and was very unsteady on his feet. I am almost sure he has parkinsons, my dad had it so have seen it before. He is such a worry!

I hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning Helena.

Well done on the commission and enjoy your walk and your trip to Debenhams that's your commission spent then.

Morning Lynne what a along day yesterday now you can relax and enjoy your holiday.

What a night here last night. Went to bed at 10pm not feeling great and by 10.15pm Dillon wanted to go out that's ok he comes back in and settles. Not last night every time I thought he was settled he started barking to go out again patrolled the fence lay down outside then would come in again I thought he had settled and within minutes he wanted out again to repeat what he had just done.
At 2.15pm I gave up and went to bed thinking he had at last settled down and he started barking again so we left him for 15 mins but had to give up so Gorden came down till 4am. By 4 he came in got on the sofa and went to sleep and is now very sleepy as are we and Gorden has to go to work this morning.
No idea what it was but something was disturbing him. He wasn't noisy in the garden just patrolling then sleeping for a short while out there. I did at one point hear a bloke give one of those threatening type loud shouts seemed to be a way away but Dillon did react to that.
Maybe there was something kicking off somewhere and he could hear it and pick up on it and felt the need to stay one step ahead of it.
I will be nanny napping on and off all day.
Eldest brother going to visit mum today so I will get feedback on how she is settling in and if he thinks the home is a nice one. Not that I had a lot of choice but I still worry in case anyone has well the boys really have negative things to say.
Its a big responsibility having to make the decision for us all.

Jenny hope the family can begin to get their heads round the news today and see a way forward which by the sounds of a lot of people who have had experience with relatives or friends who have had the same happen seems there is. (((Hugs))).
jenny I hope the boys are ok this morning and a safe journey to see your mum and I hope you find her today more how you remember her.
To everyone else have a good Wednesday and stay safe.
If you hear any snoring its me.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning Helena morning all
Well done on your commission ,we,ll know where to come when we're all skint enjoy your walk ,great when it feels you've got the world too yourself
Tafsmum
Enjoy your holiday ,being thick as two short planks ,I still can't get to grips with I pad
LS
Hope you have a good day and all goes well at Steve's work
Moetmum
Do hope you get the Satnav sorted out
Go on be brave and have a complete change it can grow again if you don't like it
Jenny g
Do hope your 2boys are ok today ,and get on to those painters regarding the spillage
Nippy
Big hugs to you and your son thinking of you both
Dry here but no sun yet any going spare please send it this way
Same old same old 10rooms worth of laundry to do today ,1of the dryers playing silly boogers could be a long day
Muppets walked and gone back to bed lazy monkeys
Hope those poorly get better soon those with worrys are only weenie ones
Everyone has a great day
Take care stay safe xxxx
Marlka
Gland everything now appears to be working camera n printer wise
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Up with the lark again here, which means I can get out early again and have the whole world to myself (well, almost!).

I had good news yesterday from the park. The guy who's been in our new van for 2 months has finally purchased one which means I get my commission and Dave gets his free ipad. Now all I've got to do, is persuade the other lady to buy one cos my commission doubles from the 3rd one up, and she is my third, and that'll be a cool £500 for just chatting lol! See, I knew my big gob would come in handy one day

Not much happening here today, might pop down the town for some much needed Clinique top ups from Debenhams, and I might just pop up to the bedding dept and see if they've got a sale on. I must not go in the clothes dept nor will I look at the shoes

Jen, I hope you're feeling a bit better this morning along with your son and the rest of the family, still thinking of you.xxx

Jenny (2) Oh my goodness, hope the boys are ok this morning with that paint!! What a nightmare. Good luck with your visit today, let's hope mum is onthe up again for you.xxx

I hope nobody else has any serious problems going on, and that the doglets are all fine, and I'm off to make another cuppa and get myself out.

Enjoy your day, the sun will be shining, it's official
LOL! Mine comes in handy for yelling from the back verandah 'OI! get outta that swimming pool - you don't live here and some of you are too young!'

*don't want to make you TOO jealous but I get all my Clinique and other lush goodies for nowt from my lovely daughter in law whose family have a chain of cosmetic shops in Poland! Haven't bought anything for years - not even a lipstick!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning Helena. Well done on the commission. You will have to use the iPad. I'm addicted to mine. & it's so easy to take out with me so I don't miss what's going on on here.
Up early this morning as I can't sleep in a strange bed the first night we couldn't have nicer weather if we'd ordered it specially. A very long day yesterday. Only got to the Hotel at 9pm & straight in for Dinner before we'd even been up to the room. By the time that finished it was 10-30 so we went for a stroll round the village after sitting down all day. No rush this morning though we only leave at 10 to have a visit to Cobh & Jamiesons Whisky place. Seeing as neither of us can stand Whisky it's probably not worth us going in though. Have to see if there is anything else going on there..
After all the travelling I can't remember who's doing what but I hope everybody & their relatives are well xx
What a waste! I'd have drunk 'em dry! Enjoy your break.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Morning Lynn
Sorry to hear you had such a disturbed night with Dillon
Hope you get that nanny nap today
You snuck in while I was typing ,
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H, Taffsmum and all

Well done H on your sales techniques! You're obviously a natural! Enjoy your walk, hope it's a peaceful one!

Enjoy your hols Taffs mum.

I hope the two Jenny's are ok, along with everybody else.

It's sunny here but a cold wind blowing, we may go out after the school doggies have strolled up and down the track today.

Still having trouble with registering this satnav for it's lifetime maps and 3 years live service, last two emails no reply, telephone call on an 0845 number advice was charge it for 6 hours, how that will help register it or get a response from customer services I do not know. It is going back today, I will be having to jump up and down as they are non returnable.

I am looking forward to having my hair cut today, just wish I was braver and could go for a complete change.

My cousin was happy to see me yesterday, I took him shopping for his dvd's and brought him home for a cup of tea and a hair cut. He is not looking too good and was very unsteady on his feet. I am almost sure he has parkinsons, my dad had it so have seen it before. He is such a worry!

I hope you all have a good day.
Sorry to read you are having worries with family and also with your sat nav.

You don't say what make it is (Tom Tom?) but I sometimes find going to the dedicated discussion forums for this techie stuff and trying to either get help with what you are trying to do or at least some good tips on how to complain is usually faster than going down the usual channels.

Almost for sure you won't be the only one with the same problem. You could just type into Google EXACTLY what problem you are having and will probly get lots of results.

(I just got a goodwill refund for summat - but very low cost, less than a tenner - but they'd been sending me round the houses with check this and look here and check your paypal and blah blah. In the end I said on their open forums 'I can't be bothered - I've lost the will to live over it - I will swallow the loss and just get on Bookface and MOAN ABOUT IT FOREVER ALL OVER EVERYWHERE!) Refunded in about 10 mins saying 'please don't tell everyone' well, to me that say they know they were at fault but just tried to avoid a simple refund.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »