View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:36 PM
the proten if Natures Harvest and Naturediet are about 45% once you remove the moisture.......
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:31 PM
If the issue is that she's underweight, try a probiotic. I put Rio on Bionic Biotic and she put on weight within a couple of weeks. She has kept it on too, since March. She gained almost three kilos and has never looked better. I could never find a food that could pile it on like that.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:03 PM
If its for weight gain I know working collie people make up satan balls

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_5919953_make-satin-balls.html (and there are loads of other recipies on the internet)

I have never tried them but I know alot of people online swear by them
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i know its a vet food ..but hows about the ali trays of their 'recovery' food?
What's that Hills tinned food from vets - convalescent/invalid diet? That's very rich and also extremely pâté-like, could be moulded into balls.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
What's that Hills tinned food from vets - convalescent/invalid diet? That's very rich and also extremely pâté-like, could be moulded into balls.
is it 'AD' ?

the warmer it gets the mushier it gets,not very good for balls,its good to make into a paste.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_5919953_make-satin-balls.html (and there are loads of other recipies on the internet)

mwahahahahaha!

Made these for Rio, they cost me a fortune and the witch wouldn't eat them.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post

Was just going to mention satin balls. Made them (or similar - didn't have all the ingredients, e.g. the cereal, mollasses, or gelatin) for my Christmas foster who really needed to gain weight - only had her a week and a half and she definately looked a much better weight when she went back to kennels
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2011, 07:20 AM
I've tried doing the meatballs with mince, but it's too "bitty", but I could get a food processor (something I don't possess right now) and mash it up more before rounding into balls. I made the mistake of adding that veg before I found out the food has to be totally smooth Plus I didn't want to give her just pure meat.

If I did my own using mince I suppose I can process that veg too to bind with it?[/QUOTE]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unfortuately you would need a processor.On the off chance you did get one sweet potato is a good veg that dogs eat.It needs cooking to break the starch down but it cooks very quickly and mashes to a smooth paste.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all these recommendations, I will certainly look into all of them, try some of this and that and see what suits her and what she eats well.

For the time being, it's still Chappie original coz I've been out on a mission today, just driven for 3 hours in all this heat and traffic, so I'll have to get to the pet shop tomorrow now, but the Chappie is going down extremely well, mixed with the F4D salmon mousse, and she's given me some nice, firm normal poo's this morning and that can't be bad.

Sue - That sounds a really good one from the vets, will ask about that one on Monday. Thanks for your help

Gill - it's not the weight loss, it's more the fact I've got to find something with enough protein etc. that I don't have to feed her much of, coz she's got this eating problem going on now (suspected megaesophagus). She's always had pro-biotics every day, the Entrodex I get from the vets. Thanks for your help.

Thanks everyone, I'll research it all later when my mind is fresher.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
the proten if Natures Harvest and Naturediet are about 45% once you remove the moisture.......
Not according to the trays it's not, I've just looked at them all in P@H and it's only 10% protein, shame, looks good.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >