Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
They both look fantastic

(just one thing re liver - if you've got bloody hands, does that mean you're trying it raw?....many dogs even those who love other meat uncooked, don't like raw liver...it seems to taste/smell much better for them when it is cooked)
Hi Hali

Yes I've tried it raw, dried, cooked into "irresistable" doggy treats etc, etc, etc. I wonder where I could get tennis ball flavoured treats...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Hi Hali

Yes I've tried it raw, dried, cooked into "irresistable" doggy treats etc, etc, etc. I wonder where I could get tennis ball flavoured treats...

to be honest, if he prefers his ball, its probably better - not quite as smelly in your pocket (though wet slobbery tennis balls aren't particularly pleasant either)
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post

to be honest, if he prefers his ball, its probably better - not quite as smelly in your pocket (though wet slobbery tennis balls aren't particularly pleasant either)

Absolutely, particularly if you inadvertently put the wet slobbery ball in the same pocket as your dog whistle!!

Here is a gratuitous photo of the slobbering but highly photogenic dog:

Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Which breeder is he from if you dont mind me asking?
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Which breeder is he from if you dont mind me asking?
Hi Leanne,

I don't mind at all, but please PM me for details.

Kind regards

Maxine
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Update......

We are now playing "fetch" and "find it" off the lead using a ball wanger with 100% reliability. He throws it on the floor in front of me but I can fine tune that later. His recall is now spectacular, because he knows the reward for returning to the whistle is to load the ball wanger and fire it off into some long grass or a thicket. Today he flushed out a large deer and was chasing it (tut, tut!) across a meadow towards some woods. Once the deer got to the edge of the field, about 300 yards away I blew my whistle and he turned and came straight back! I was utterly amazed. He would rather chase his ball than deer. Bless his little cotton socks!

But can someone explain why the angelic little Ollie who knows counter surfing is frowned upon, did this today? Is it the GSP sense of humour?

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
But can someone explain why the angelic little Ollie who knows counter surfing is frowned upon, did this today? Is it the GSP sense of humour?
Not even a guilty look on his face...
well, come on now, a perfect dog would be too dull wouldn't it...Ollie's just keeping you on your toes

PS great news about his recall
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3