View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi Dawn, could do with yours in my garden, we seem to get the odd rat and Harvey is hopeless obvioulsy he's not had any training in ratting, but last summer when let out he'd make a bee line for the bush it used to be in, but it would shoot out across the garden, by the time he realised it was long gone
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 07:18 PM
If you were closer, Id happily pop along Marean.
Dawn.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Fabulous pics everyone, it is a pleasure to see so many dogs doing what they were bred for and enjoying themselves.

Love the video of the rottie, and his wiggerly bum.

Well done to one and all. not forgetting the dogs themselves, well done boys and girls.
Lurcherlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2007, 06:10 PM
I have working lurchers. Rabbits the main quarry, but before the ban their main quarry was fox and deer. I never took pics before because digi cams and pc's weren't in use in my household lol. But now we do have a pc and digi cam, just that when you go out with the dogs we always forget the camera! Heres just 2 pics of one of our best lurchers.

This pic will not be suitable for everyone, you have been warned. This animal was shot before the dogs got it.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/t8823232.jpg
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Nice Lurcher, a Handcock bred one? Do you work your Borzoi? Good to see them earning their keep as well as being loved family pets.
Dawn.
Lurcherlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Nice Lurcher, a Handcock bred one? Do you work your Borzoi? Good to see them earning their keep as well as being loved family pets.
Dawn.
Thankyou. The smooth coated one with the rabbits is a hancock 3/4 grey 1/4 collie yes. The rough coat is her son. My borzoi up until this season has primarily been a show dog, but showing in the pedigree world imo is so boring and taken far too serious and the borzoi hated it. She has been out lamping a few times, and she was keen as mustard! Had a go on shot charlie and loved every minute, not so good with the bunnies though as she doesn't want to bring them back lol. Of course all of our dogs are pets/racers/showers if they don't exel in the field, it's a fantastic bonus when you get your good dogs though. Nothing better than a night out with your lurchers!

Those shots of your borders retrieving are brilliant, show the terrier in a different prospective.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Would of loved to have seen the Borzoi coursing a Rabbit! All my terriers do "true" terrier work also, things are a little more restricted now but protecting game birds is always an issue, so the oppertunity is still there. I show them too and race them, good fun! The bitch in the pictures is very versatile, use her as a gundog or a terrier!
Dawn.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Here is a video of Moss in training, back in August 2006. I will get some updated video soon

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...OSSLONGTON.flv
Lurcherlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Would of loved to have seen the Borzoi coursing a Rabbit! All my terriers do "true" terrier work also, things are a little more restricted now but protecting game birds is always an issue, so the oppertunity is still there. I show them too and race them, good fun! The bitch in the pictures is very versatile, use her as a gundog or a terrier!
Dawn.
The borzoi looks amazing in full stretch, it is so difficult o take a pic in full flight because the digi cam has a slow shutter speed She was quite a comedy act with the rabbit tbh, being her first, she sort of ran alongside it then several attempts later picked it up! She got quite excited when it sqealed, she would've made a good coursing dog.

The lurcher in the pics would make a great gundog, she retrieves like a lab, but she hates loud bangs and noises, which is a shame.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Here is a video of Moss in training, back in August 2006. I will get some updated video soon

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...OSSLONGTON.flv
He's doing great Moobli, looks super, and well controlled and calm, just as a working Collie should be.
Dawn.
Page 9 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »