Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 11:25 PM

Simply Just for you????

My question is.... what one thing would you like to do what would be your biggest regret...imagine sitting in your rocking chair what would you hate to sit there wishing you'd done ......travel to a certain place....write a best selling book? bake a perfect souffle.....climb a mountain? see the Pyramids.......swim with Dolphins....see the Crown Jewels??? - what - something just for you not for the World/your family...just for you???????

Karen
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Just for me? Hmmm, grow new legs.

Snorri
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-07-2007, 03:45 AM
I want to rescue a dog (or two, or three!) and a cat too and I would also love an Ocelot

I also want to make my family and friends happy

And I'd love Dogsey and Catsey to go on to do lots of good for cats n dogs everywhere

I'd also like to change the world but I'm not holding my breath there
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Whoa Azz, most of that doesn't qualify as it isn't for you!
I considered this a few years ago and compiled a list of "ten things to do before I'm 50". I am now 51 and still working my way down it but quite a few boxes are ticked now. I had decided that I didn't want to die having not done certain things, and not knowing how long I have (well I do but don't believe it) I got on with it.
Top of what is left of the list is travelling to America....... just out of curiosity
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-07-2007, 05:57 PM
But it is for me, sorta, as it would make me happy

Ok something just for me? A nice big house with plenty of land so Cheetah can get out safely and Rocky can come and go as he pleases. Oh, and in a nice sunny place!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I'd hate to think that I should've done anything.

I'm not sure if that makes sense...

I would like to sit there and be happy with what I'd done, whatever that is.

There's lots of things I'd like to do that I know I'll never do so I'm happy to do whatever I do and hope that I won't regret not having done anything.

I always wanted to teach dance, be a mum, and wear a pair of pretty sandals - none of these will happen now but I won't regret it because I'm happy with whatever I do manage to do.
Plus, I've since realised it's a good job I can't have kids because I'd make a terrible mum!!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 07:30 PM
That's a great attitude, Lottie!
There were many things I wanted to do at your age, for one reason or another I had to abandon some of them but you end up thinking laterally and converting them to something equally acceptable.
You're quite right - there is no "requirement" to achieve anything in this life. For some people, managing to dress themselves is the height of their achievements (and personal satisfaction) and for others, winning Gold at the Olympics. IMO they are both equally valid in terms of those two people. Just make the best of what you have!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 08:19 PM
the one regret..........

not joining the police force.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Bring my baby up to be a thoughtful, strong-minded, fun-loving, sensitive, intelligent, adventurous, life-grabbing, gentle yet independent person.

Become a successful writer.

Get the money for a place large enough for all my family to live together, yet live independently.

Get a place with a large paddock for Loki to play in freely and another dog (that he'd get on with!).

Enable my OH to give up work and write full-time.

Own/run a wolf-rescue/awareness/wildlife centre.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 08:42 PM
for me it would be to back pack across america with my best friend and sis ZB , go on a world cruise and then buy a house in cyprus (ayia napa or paralimini ). where i wopuld open my own rescue centre for unwanted dogs cats etc oh to dream xxxdk
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >