Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 06:51 AM

Morning dogsey daily thread monday

Morning all. Hope you are all as OK as you can be. Very cold here brr!! Awake early. Actually I woke up at 2.30 and listened to classic FM until 3.30 then drifted off and now awake. coffee and toast beckons. Have a good day with whatever you have to do. Be careful out walking. Ttfn.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 07:32 AM
Morning Brenda and all who follow. My feet are killing me again this morning think it is a touch of gout, have taken some paracetamol and hope that takes it off before I have to venture out with Amber. Very cold here again.

I hope everyone else is ok this morning, I hope Sarah is feeling better and Lynn do have a safe journey down to Essex this morning.

Have a good day all, stay safe, dry and warm and above all keep well. God bless.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Good morning Brenda Moyra and all to come
Gosh it's still very dark this morning
Will be thinking of you today Lynn hugs
Hope your daughter is well on the road to recovery Eileen
Have. Huge hug Moyra hope your feeling better soon
Brenda another one here had a rotten nights sleep ,was reading half the night ,nanny nap for us later maybe lol
Griff hope the docs visit (think it was that got a brain like a sieve )goes ok
All poorly peeps and doglets get better soon and hugs to anyone else that needs them today
Don't know what happened yesterday it went in a flash just got caught up with things visits ,phone calls ,oh books to bring up to date ,didn't even get to cook them lol
Nothing much on today well I don't think so but one never knows in this household bet I get roped into something lol
Better stop boring you all
Take care stay safe xxxxxxxx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Morning Moyra. Sorry to hear about your feet being painful. It could be chilblains? Be careful with the buttercup syrup. Read the leaflet as there could be side effects and don't want you having problems with it. But it is a good cough linctus. Morning Norma, no nanny nap for me sadly although I am a capricorn. I don't mind waking as I love listening to the radio at that time. Have a good day. Have done the washing and now waiting for it to thaw a bit so that I can take Tyto out. ttfn.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Morning all
Lauryn's ribs and stomach hurting again, don't seem to be getting better I've rang the doctor and have an appointment Wednesday morning with the Dr we saw first time, really lovely. So hopefully she will get sorted.
Right I'm off to get some breakfast
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Hello everyone, white frost here this morning brrrrrrrrr.
Brenda, sounds like you might need a nanny nap later.
Moyra, you could certainly do without gout on top of everything else. You are falling to pieces woman
Morning Norma, hope today is quieter for you.
Hello Mandy, poor Lauryn, she must feel really sore, hope she improves soon x
A bit of washing to do and a stew to make today and the usual visit from my SiL.
I'll be back!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Morning everyone, wishing for all the ill and in pain to get better soon. I have been sleeping like crap, eating like crap, and feeling like crap. Having an outpatient surgery on Thursday, not looking forward, gonna suck. I'm here in my familiar and loved room and bed and I don't feel like myself. It's as if I'm home while wanting to go home. I guess I'm just tired, and perhaps a tad despondent. See everyone later. Have a great day, everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Jenny, I was wondering if it was all the concoctions I have been taken that caused it. Gout is afterall a form of osteoarthritis so it is across the foot not in the normal big toe joint. It is beginning to ease off with the paracetamol I took and no doubt the hobbling round the green with Amber probably helped move it a bit.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Awwww Moyra, hope you don't have gout..my dad sued to suffer with that, ended up in a&e once as the pain was so bad.You really don't need anything else wrong
Thanks, Norma, today i got off easily...just the nurse to get my medication renewed, might get her to have a look at my good knee as that went yesterday going up the steps in the woods.
Mandy, hope they get Lauryn sorted, not right for a young lady to be in be in pain
Brenda, hope you can sleep a bit better tonight
Nippy, gosh stew... that brings back memories of my granddad
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Morning everybody

It's been a long time since I have regularly posted, was all a bit doom and gloom last year! It's a new year and a fresh start, hoping for a good year this year.

I have applied for voluntary redundancy, should have an answer either way by the end of March, I will have to leave my job within a year if I get it but it made financial sense to go for it as I will get a good lump sum and I will be able to claim my pension in September anyway, I had planned on carrying on to save a lump sum but that wouldn't be necessary.

The worst case scenario is that I don't get it but at least I do love my job so it's not all bad.

The worst part about my job is when I have to keep my mouth shut. We had a complaint about a dog that was tied up outside and was really cold. I found the owners and said that someone was concerned. I asked if I could bring him in to warm up as he was shivering uncontrollably to which they replied he's alright he lives outside.

Well I know that there are dogs that are kept outside quite happily but this little chap, a very young cocker spaniel, had been recently trimmed and had no coat left, he looked so cold. You wouldn't clip a horse and leave it standing about with no coat on.

To add to this a lady came up to me that had heard my conversation with owners and said everyone had been complaining about this family and the way they treated this poor dog. It was one of those times when you think that if the dog had been stolen he might have been better off. They are lucky that the people who first complained didn't take it as they were very upset.

Dog last seen running off lead in the car park.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »