View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 03:02 PM
So sorry to read this thread Bev, and you're right...4 years is no age at all, but you have both been through so much and you have tried everything imaginable to give the poor little chap the very best quality of life, I really so feel for you as its hard enough when its one of our oldies that has to be given sleep, let alone a dog that is still only a youngster. Thank goodness the short time he has had with you he has known so much love and affection...possibly more than some dogs get in a decade.

I will be thinking of you all and I send huge (((hugs))) to both you and Milo.

Sheree xxx
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 03:03 PM
My heart goes out to you, but think you have Milo first andforemost in your mind, making this decision, I would imagine, we wont see you on here again today as you are spending your last hours with him, but you and Milo will be in our thoughts.

mo
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 03:32 PM
This is just so sad Thinking of you, Bev *Hugs*
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm so sorry for you that it has come to this. I hope you have managed to have a good day with Milo today and spoiled him rotten. Tomorrow have a good heart-to-heart with your vet and see what he advises.

I'm sure he wouldn't let Milo go on longer than is good for him. He'll know if there is anything else worth trying too.

*hugs* We'll be thinking of you.
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2009, 05:06 PM
So very, very sorry for what you are going through.

Wish I could take some of your hurt away.

Be as brave as you can for little Milo.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
What sad news! I feel so sorry for you both. Its bad enough when a dog is old, but 4 is much too young.
I'm sure you've made the right decision for Milo though its so hard on you.
Sending you both lots of love xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 05:21 PM
im so sorry to read this... i will admit, i cried it must be such a difficult decision for you, but he has been through so much and will be a peace. life truely is unfair, and 4 is certainly too young

big hugs to both of you (((hugs)))
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Thankyou all again for your lovely kind thoughts and words and for the pm's.
I have just had to phone the emergency vet as Milo has had very bad pain this afternoon. He has told me to give him a small amount of paracetamol with his Rimadyl.
He said as he is going tomorrow I could double the dose of the Rimadyl but with his condition it could cause him to have a massive bleed, so I have decided against that and will just give a small amount of paracetamol.
He is resting on my daughter Charlys lap at the moment.
I have a pounding headache and feel so tired and exhausted from all the crying and stress today.
We have decided that after he has passed tomorrow we are going to bring him home so Shady can see him and come to terms with the loss as she is very sensitive and its bound to affect her too. Then I will take him back to the vets so they can arrange his cremation.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I just don't know what to say Bev as nothing can make you feel better.

Sending you Milo and Charly lots of (((Hugs))). Xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Awww Bev, you must feel dreadful We will all be with you tomorrow, you will be in our thoughts at the vet. Have you asked them how much extra it would be IF they could come to you? I'm worried for you about bringing him back home to see Milo, it's going to be so awful for you Bev, and then taking him back again Quite honestly Bev, it made NO difference whatsoever to my dear Georgie when he had Cassie with us all night long in the lounge and again the next morning outside on the patio, he even went up to her to get her to come on our morning walk, he just didn't seem to "get it", so this extra heartache for you could end up being pointless? Just a thought Bev, that's all, my heart is still with you through this very sad and draining time, you poor, poor thing.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >