register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Get rid of heated debates section?
Yes get rid of it! 6 9.84%
no keep it! 29 47.54%
no but get people to follow the rules more strictly! 26 42.62%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

03-03-2005, 11:30 PM

Time for heated debates to go?

Ok, the heated debates section has been get quite heated laltely!

Shall we get rid of it? or keep it?
pete
Almost a Veteran

03-03-2005, 11:58 PM
i think it should be mointered a bit more closely and made sure it dosent get too heated and rules are followed ,yet dont know how you would do this as it would take up a lot of time ,maybe bring in moderators to help ,just an idea of how to make it work better, sure other people will have different veiws to make it work.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 12:02 AM
I think it should be kept because with some subjects there are always going to be different opinions and its better to have a place to put them
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by PurpleJackdaw
I think it should be kept because with some subjects there are always going to be different opinions and its better to have a place to put them
I agree with PJ you need a place to put contentious subjects, if not you will get them on other parts of the board anyway....such is life Things always settle down again after heated exchanges and with most of us there is no offence intended or taken
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 12:17 AM
I agree with everyone who's posted so far. There're clear rules people have been asked to read before posting; I think that's all you can do. Fora inevitably attract contraversial issues, and as Mini says, these topics will only end up elsewhere.

I think a heated debates section is brilliant - if people don't want to debate like this, maybe they could just stay clear of that section?
Carole
Supervisor

04-03-2005, 07:15 AM
If you remove it other areas will get heated

It should stay as long as it does not get personal.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 07:51 AM
I think it works quite well and people don't seem to take grudges from heated debates into other areas which in it's self is a minor miricle ! If we didn't have heated debates they would as others have said just crop up in other areas.
Annestaff
Supervisor

04-03-2005, 08:28 AM
I agree with Carole, if you get rid of it people will just take their arguments to other parts of the board.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 08:37 AM
lol Pete making sure heated debates dont get too heated, I thought that was the whole point lol.

What I would say Azz is why not have some topics stuck a the top so that rather than having the same old arguments time & time again (which happens when new members come on & dont know that certain topics have been discussed - AT LENGTH lol). That way hopefully we wont all end up getting heated as much and going over the same poins over & over again as seems to have happened of late.

Laura
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 08:44 AM
I must admit to not posting in here very much, but only cos I hate confrontation (or scared I'll put my foot in it )
But I do like to come in and have a good read, I think it's informative and interesting and as others have said it keeps it out of the other parts of the site. So what I'm saying is keep it
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »