View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2016, 12:09 PM
It is really awful how people abuse the countryside and farmland, we are lucky here that our tip will let you go as many times as you want.....at the moment, it is supposed to being changed to limiting you to so many visits a year, don't they realise that will just increase cases of fly tipping??
Steve has arrived in birmingham for his driver asessment, he is an hour and a half early Lol...said he thought he would leave plenty of time in case the motorway was bad and it was all clear and took him 30 minutes Lol. He is currently mooching round an industrial estate with nothing to do, i have told him to go find somewhere for a coffee, he is already very very stressed, i have just text him telling him he will do fantastically well and not to stress and get wound up and everything will go his way
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Afternoon.
Got a spare half hour,mum is having a wee sleep on the sofa,bless her.Rang the doc this morning because the pain in her legs is keeping her awake at night.Comes from losing lymph nodesMum has a cream she rubs in and painkillers but neither are easing it.So she now has a morphine patch,stays on for a week.So hopefully there'll be no side effects and she can get some rest.Apart from that she's in great form
Very blowy here but at least it's not raining.Might just pop mum's wee dog (Homer)out for a walk.Don't pick the babies up until 4.30,need to go to Asda then.They have one twin trolley,so fingers crossed its available.Can't sit them side by side without a barrier between them.Its Lucia,not Emily,honestly the girl is full of devilmentSeen that coming a mile off,a monkey is better behaved
Right so,I'll go have that dander,see ya later
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Lol, the twins sound like little characters Lacey. I hope the morphine patch helps your mum and any side effects are minor and she can get some decent sleep
Steve should be a third through his assessment now...god i am a wreck on his behalf Lol...i know he will be absolutely fine though, he might hate his job and hate driving but he is very good at driving a bus
Bumblesnout
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Good afternoon one and all
Lovely to see you back Eileen give mum a hug from us all up here hope the patches give her some relief
Griff sure things will go well for Steve then you can both destress
Moyra do hope your Steve's managed to see the doc
TW like you just need to know the weather day to day mind you will be the usual cold &wet lol
Great photo again Tweed
Glad You managed home without getting soaked Sue
Flipping heck Kaz exhausted just reading all you've done this morning
Do hope Lynn's ok not been on for a few days
Lg losos Mandy hope your all ok
Busy morning helping out clean some chalets as 2of there regular workers have gone down with this flu bug that's doing the rounds more need to tidy up my own lol
Waiting on the fish van to come fancy some fish n chips for tea
Muppets going ballistic as the window cleaners here think it's the clanking of his ladders they object too
Hope all poorly human and doglegs get better soon
Take care stay safe xxxxx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2016, 02:24 PM
oooo Norma, aren't you good helping out. My dogs go nuts with the postman, courier and god help us when the window cleaning goes next door...nearly made the poor boy fall off his ladder with all the commotion they created Lol
To be honest Norma, knowing Steve is just one big stress Lol...i am quite a positive person and i am determined at some point it will rub off on him...whether he wants it to or not Lol
forgot to say, i have been very very naughty and ordered my wireless headphones for my tv, treating myself for my birthday
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Massive change in the weather from the sunshine this morning, gradually went greyer and greyer, then it started raining. Not too bad on the way out for bones, on the way back the wind had got up as well, came off the motorway before the high level bridge and went via the Trafford Centre road to get back on the motorway after the bridge. I am terrified of it in high winds, yet lorries etc seem to go over quite safely
Hardly worth the trip for the bones, I ran out by Sunday last week, now I have enough for 4 days thats all. No dinosaur bones for teas either, although I ordered some veal necks from my last delivery of food anyway, so got them and some chicken necks,I may also have some lamb ribs, not sure if there is enough for all of them, I tend to save them up until I have one for each,will have to count the various bags and examine the contents Am going to have to say something again, he did say if I needed anymore to come again Thursday, but its all petrol, I am having a week driving on petrol and its gone up to £1.10 a litre this time.
At the moment its a bit of a difficult situation as the lady I am friendly with there, has recently been diagnosed with cancer in her liver. She started chemo on Friday just gone, its once a week, but they have told her they can't stop it. So she's not allowed to touch raw meat, dogs etc because she is susceptible to infection and there is hand gel there and everything and she has to wear rubber gloves to ensure there is nothing she can pick up. Very sad, and I have no idea what to say to her really, trying to be kind and not be a problem as I know she is not well at all, but is soldiering on because thats her all over.
The tip I use has a skip where you can put non recyclable stuff and it goes into a burner and produces heat for the various council offices etc. Notice up last week saying they either recycled or burnt stuff to make energy with a 99% success rate. So I think they would welcome anything really because that way they get to produce more free energy or get paid for scrap metal and wood.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2016, 04:08 PM
oh dear June, I do hope the lady sorts her problems but it seems to me you may be looking for a new bones outlet soon. Hope you managed to get sufficient for your needs. I have taken Amber out yet again this afternoon so hopefully that is sufficient for the day. Bless her she is spaced out. Steve nags me but I can only make sure she enjoys her walks one way and another. Have a good afternoon everyone, God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2016, 04:26 PM
She has been told they can do no more than delay it. She has never had any pain, and still feels fine, obviously not feeling great with the chemo though. It was only found when she was at the docs for something else,and it was discovered and they sent her to hospital the next day, and they sent her to Christies almost immediately. I was still thinking that it would be sorted and no one realised it was actually cancer of the liver, which has now spread to 3 different sites, until she got her results through not long ago.
I'll still be able to collect bones, but its so so sad and I'm pretty shocked really. She is so active, in her 80's and gets up at 5.30 am every day and cleans the house, I am still fast asleep by the time she's finished her jobs!!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Commiserations to her June sounds like she has a mountain to climb. Hope you are still able to collect your bones.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2016, 05:01 PM
TW, in my experience i always wanted to be treated the same as i was... i didn't want peoples pity. The lady sounds very positive and that is a terrific thing, my nan was positive and she was given 6 months, she lasted 3 years and the dr put it down to her attitude
Steve has passed his assessment, got all A's except for 2 b,s and there was an advanced bus driver there and she was getting f's everywhere Lol, little s*d told me he had failed and he sounded gutted Lol
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »