Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2023, 07:26 AM

Thinking Tuesday 18th July 2023

Morning all. Yep I am thinking that I will just give up with anything technical. Thought things were supposed to get easier as technology came along. Anyway have a good day peeps. Warm out. You won't believe this, the prescription turned up yesterday at 3.28 despite me speaking to the chemist and they said it hadn't and that was at 4pm ish.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2023, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Brenda and all to follow

Quick Hello as off out for brunch before work.

Brenda Its a kinda magic but you have the medication so hopefully will be less itchy soon. Did the GP say what they thought it was?

Chris Hope your eyes are feeling more like your eyes a little more each day.

To everyone have a greet day may not catch up till tomorrow afternoon work this afternoon till late then in the morning but from Wed PM I will catch up.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2023, 09:50 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kazz. Hope the medication works for you Brenda

Have a nice brunch Kazz.

Lovely and warm here. Morning school run done, Teazle walked and two bushes in the front garden cut back again Now quick coffee before lunch then back on the school run.

As from next week the road leading into Ben's estate road will be closed, how long for I don't know, so to get there in is an 8 mile detour and then back again. The two youngest are both still at school until Tuesday so will have to work out a plan as cannot guarantee getting them to school on time by car so maybe leave the car at the school early morning, walk to Ben's and then walk them to school and pick the car up for home. Nothing is made easy these days but thank goodness it is only for two days.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Good afternoon brenda, Kazz, Sue and all to follow.
Nice warm but cloudy day today.
Yesterday was a Freya sitting day and we are on our won now so not much time even when she sleeps to catch up on much, hence my absence yesterday.
We had a walk to the shop for a short while regarding Freya then she went in the buggy, we posted a card I needed to post picked up some milk and some nice biscuits, then her lunch then she had a 2 hour nap.
We went out to the garden in the afternoon, they have made her a lovely little spot at the end of the garden with pretty flowers, the wind chime we bought her and various statues of squirrels, dogs rabbits and toad stools.
We have hung some empty milk cartons on pieces of string on the arch one with a hole in the bottom so when Brewster bops it with his nose treats fall out the other ones he can hang onto and chase around.

We then laid on the trampoline pretending to sleep then she jumps up jumps about and says up wake. We also had some laying down watching the sky, the birds, the clouds and talking about flying in aeroplanes it was such a lovely time doing that with her.
She will undoubtedly not remember any of it but I will.

Kazz enjoy your brunch.
Life is certainly not easier I find with technology brenda.
Sue sounds like a good plan but not ideal.
Chris I hope the eye is continuing to improve.
griff hope you are feeling as well as can be expected today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2023, 12:48 PM
Good afternoon all

Cloudy but not cold today and, thankfully, the wind seems to have dropped a little

Technology is the bane of my life at the moment because this damned laptop seems to jump all over the place when I'm typing

The eye is vastly improved. Don't really need the distance glasses now so just use sunglasses (to protect from the Macular Degeneration getting worse). Really pleased I've had both eyes done now

Ted is still being a little monkey, but less so every day. The barking is minimal now and easily stopped so that's a bonus. He can still be demon pup when he gets tired (usually between 4 pm and 6 pm) but the 'demon' is slowly getting less so. No regrets on getting him and just hoping we can live his life out, but if not, he will go to my youngest lad who will love him to bits
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2023, 01:04 PM
THIS IS AN EMAIL SCAM
I hAVE NEVER HAD A MONITOR THAT SIZE OR WITH THAT SERVICE TAG.

These scammers will try anything to get your bank details. If I had hit the reply they would have known they had got onto a "live" contact.

Dell Logo
Your Dell warranty expires soon.
Renew warranty
Hello,
Your Dell warranty will soon expire. Maintaining coverage will help keep your system running smoothly and minimize out-of-pocket repair costs.

To upgrade or extend your coverage, manage your warranty online, or contact our team.
Warranty details
Support level offered:  Basic Next Business Day Service
Contract end date: 8/2/2023
System type: DELL ULTRASHARP U2719D
Service Tag: 97XNY13
Learn more about Warranty Extensions & Upgrades.
Thank you for choosing Dell Technologies.
Dell Technologies Renewals
Business hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM GMT
Reply to this email to stop receiving warranty expiration notices. Requests take effect within 10 days.

Privacy Statement

Dell Technologies Inc., One Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas 78682
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2023, 02:10 PM
It's sad that these days we have so many scams that when a genuine thing comes in we ignore it

I had a recorded message from my bank the other day to say their was a possible fraud on my account and to press one.

Needless to say I didn't, but as the bank was correct and my name was correct, I telephoned the bank to see if it was genuine and it was.

The scam though came when I placed an Iceland order for delivery. Wether I ticked a check box in error or (more likely) I should have unchecked a tick box to stop the unwanted service, I'm not sure, but it signed me up to a shopping saving site for £15 per month. The bank gave me the number to call to cancel and get a refund which I did and the scam company did cancel and refund.

On checking around, it appears that loads of people have been caught out when using a number of different companies. Needless to say though, I won't be using Iceland again
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2023, 06:44 PM
At long last I have sorted something so I hope for a better stress free day tomorrow. Hope you all do to.