Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 05:33 PM

Scanners

Could someone tell me exactly what you do with a scanner and are they worth having or don't you really use them much We have one upstairs on the wardrobe that we have never used. It came with our other Pc when we bought it about 3 years ago - would it still be any good. I think I had it out of the box once and tried to set it up but hadn't a clue so I put it back and it went on top of the wardrobe again
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Mostly as a photocopier these days, sometime if I get sent a photograph by post and not as an email & I have to scan it but apart from that I don't use it a lot now. Have used it to scan objects like leaves and pebbles and other bits and pieces that take my fancy but I do not seem to have much time for playing these days, thought I would spend long boring days when I retired but I now wonder how I found time to work.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't think ppl use them that much unless you got a good one cause the one we got can scan photo negs and slides as well as all the other useual stuff like thordell has said good for scaning cook book pages so you just have to print off the page you want and put the book in the loft.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2005, 07:39 PM
i bought a cheap one from HP 4070 i can scan Slides /Photos with a good quality i use it as my fax i translate documents with it i wouldn`t be without it you don`t really need an expensive one they are very reasonable now maybe a Christmas present
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks everyone - I might give the box a dusting down and set it up and give it a try
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-11-2005, 08:18 PM
I use mine to scan photos, convert documents to PDF (so that I can e-mail/archive them), photocopy ... and very rarely FAX.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by royv
I use mine to scan photos, convert documents to PDF (so that I can e-mail/archive them), photocopy ... and very rarely FAX.
very handy as a fax if i have a document to send just scan it and send it