Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I've always had to accept that Lona's injury would affect her in later life, but because she's done so well, I'd begun to hope we'd got away with it, one of the things I've been strict on is keeping her well exercised and keep the muscle built up, and its worked for the most part except when she's done her back in about 4 times in the past 8/9 years.But I do know there may come a time when it can't be righted. At the age she is every year is a bonus anyway, and I thought we may hit trouble long before now. Could never have her in constant pain, or her back making her life a misery, so it may be the beginning of the end, I don't know, and I sincerely hope not.
Aww hugs TW I am sure Lona's going to be around for a long while yet ((((hugs))))
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Been in the bath for a soak and took a book me. Had to come out cos I was getting cold

Took Rosie a long walk before tea, hubby came home and he's off till Tuesday now,
So looking forward to getting away tomorrow going to catch up now after I've made a cuppa
See you shortly
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Have a lovely time in York, Mandy, the weather is going to be decent and you both deserve the break after the last week you've both had. Surprised , OH has been in work already to be honest, thought he would have gone back next week after your break. I too am hoping that my all too short time with Lona is not coming to an end, but what must be must be, and I will not let her linger in pain, or suffer because I am not brave enough to do the decent and merciful thing, her love and loyalty over the years and all I have learnt from her, demands that she go with dignity and without fear, in my arms.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Wow,that just set me off TW but you are absolutely right of course.Lets hope she shocks the hell out of you and lives to 15 eh? xx
Got Lacey ready,then called in and put Roscoe's lead on and started our walk.The princess stood her ground and refused to go,the little madam Called Sarah and she took her back into the house,had to take them separately Think he goes too fast for her,she likes a leisurely stroll and not a sprint
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 09:12 PM
I too wanted hubby to sat off but he's stubborn and said he's got enough paperwork to do and could just stay in office can't tell him.
I know you would never let Lona or any of your girls suffer, you love them too much, you nearly having me in tears here
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Aww poor princess, stamping her feet lol
Roscoe sounds lovely
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Aww poor princess, stamping her feet lol
Roscoe sounds lovely
He is
Have a great time with Hubby Mandy,little bit of alone time hope you've packed the Ann Summers
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Ooooo she's a first class madam is Lacey. I'm taking Lona and Mabs along the tow path onto the country park tomorrow, will be interesting to see the progress thats been made on dredging the canal out, and will be good for Lona. Sorry if I upset anyone, I've got a horror of keeping a very sick dog, or one in great pain, going just to make me feel better. Its all the more difficult when its purely physical and they're fine otherwise. Putting my dobies to sleep due to the wobbles was heartrending, but you do it for them and their dignity when life has become a battle to be mobile and be a dog. What is the point on dragging them round different vets, to prolong a life that has no longer any quality for them. If they've been your companion for many years, you owe them the mercy of a decent end in my opinion, and not prolonging it because you find the idea of life without them upsettting.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Didn't get upset in that way TW,just know how much you adore your girls Will come to us all at some point,that's for sure.Totally agree with what you're saying..Lacey will be 12 in August and she is starting to slow up a bit,noticed it more so lately but that's how it goes,84 years old almost
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Totally agree Eileen, 84 years is a good innings in anyone's book, Lona's coming up to the equivalent of 70 with a bad skeletal injury that is now beginning to show itself. I've got to be realistic about this and know when its time to call it a day for her. Like you say she could go on for ages yet, this could be a blip, but this is the first time she hasn't gone to Katherine, come out quite happy and not shown any sign the next day. This time she's been quite stiff and sore, and noticeably limping on her offside hind, she was hopping when I took her in on Monday, again something thats not happened before. She is now standing up at the coal bunker by the back door at meal times and walk times, so back to herself. Was just concerned about the limping today, because she walked quite well when we went out yesterday. Going to see what happens tomorrow, it may just take time because it is 3 years since she last had to go to Katherine and obviously she is that much older now. I know myself it takes me longer to recover from any knocks I get, so will be the same for her I expect.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >