Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 05:20 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning everyone early bird again.
It is very sticky and hot already and wet. Gorden said at 10pm last night shall I get the washing in.
No says I it is not going to rain. Wake at 5am to hear the rain tipping it down.
When it has dried off a bit it will be going in the washing machine for a rinse and spin and back on the line unless its raining again.

I hope everyone is well this morning and had a restful night.
Furry and feathered and reptilian friends included.

Have a safe and happy Thursday everybody.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Can't stop long as Lily very poorly she is gulping and choking this morning and gasping for her breath. Think we will have a vets trip as i have given her the antepsin and zantac and she is not improving.
Hope you are all well.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I too was up early with the dogs asking to go out. We've had quite a lot of rain which is great. I came in the kitchen and it was so hot and stuffy as the velux window had closed itself. Having opened all the doors and windows again and been out in the garden the boys are now sitting like bookends willing their bowls (with kibble soaking in them)to leap off the worktop.
Nothing much on today apart from to continue to catchup with housework'
I hope you all have a good day and we have a cooler one.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Oh Bev, poor Lily Everything crossed she'll be OK - Keep us informed. ((hugs))
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2013, 05:50 AM

No lie-in for me this morning unfortunately as the binmen turned up just gone 7am and then the JCBs started trundling up and down - and now there are half a dozen or so men wearing orange hi-viz wotsits sitting on the piles of new pavement bricks and things on the other side of the road chatting away at the tops of their voices, while Da Booga is flonked by my feet muttering away at her displeasure about the whole balagan.

Lynn - hope you get your washing dry.

Bev - everything crossed for poor Lily.

Hope all is well with everyone and that it has cooled down a bit for you all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 06:02 AM
Morning Bev poor Lily. Keep us updated please.
Morning jenny. at the boys every time I move Dillon is anticipating its 7.30 and time for breakfast.
Morning Malka sounds like another noisy dusty day at yours. Sitting on the bricks will not get the job done.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Jenny, Malka and everyone

Oh dear Bev, I know it sounds daft, but offer her something to eat, cos when I asked my vet last week about what to do when Zena does this gulping, gagging for breath, reverse sneezing or when she has aspirated after vomiting, he told me to offer her a little morsel of something, in the hope that she will swallow, and it will reverse it all, and he said he didn't care what it was even a chocolate biscuit! Apart from that, rub her neck downwards, because that always helps too, and the vet confirmed this, cos I said that's all I can ever do, but he said it's the right thing to do. I do hope she's ok now though, and I know how worrying it is.xxx

Sun is shining, it's not hot and claggy and it's not raining and I don't think there's any chance of that either looking at my blue sky here.

Dave home tonight, he's given himself tomorrow off, but I shall be doing van 2 change over tomorrow and then in the afternoon, he'll be going to the docs so we won't be going out or anything exciting together.

I'm not doing the beach this morning, even though I'd love to, because that salt water upsets Zena in the summer, but I would imagine that's because of the sun on the water, lots more nasties in it, whereas in the winter, I can go down there day after day without any repercussions. Thank goodness she only gets sloppy poops and nothing worse though. I would imagine her one a day Metronidazole helps to eliminate a lot of bugs she might contract, cos they get into her and they think, eeeeuuuw, getta outta her, don't like that lol!

Hope everyone is good today along with the doglets, I overslept, who cares, but I'd better get a move on here. Enjoy your day, soon be Friday folks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Morning Helena.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Morning everyone,

Bev. so sorry to hear Lily is not well, hope she is better soon. I am sure it is all this heat that is affecting the dogs.

Lynn are you off home hunting again this weekend? I wish you lots of luck.

Malka, I hope they make some progress on your getting out more easily today.

jenny.g Hi to you hope the dogs are good.

I am still finding it far too hot for me. Fans blowing everywhere. Amber doesn't seem to mind it she lays in front of one of the fans, bless her. Have a good day everyone, God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 07:42 AM

Morning Lynn, We had a fair bit of rain too. We have two full size water buts in the drive that are joined together so that when the first on is full it flows into the second When we looked this morning the first one was full and the second one is 3/4 full Still I think we needed it.
Bev Oh dear hope Lily wi;l be ok, good luck at the vets
Morning Jenny Malka Helena and Moyra I hope you all have a good day.
Physio this morning and then shopping, speak later
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »