register for free

Dog News

Police dog bite.

A police dog and handler have gone back to work after biting a man during an arrest.

Warning the video is pretty graphic.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-video-3505376

Your comments and views:
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-09-2014, 05:08 AM
Poor actor this cop. Did anyone notice the fake stumble. in hockey we call that a "dive".

Ever so true to form and typical they would state the video doesn't show what happened before or after.

I wonder what they(police) would do if it was an unwarranted presence(wrongful invasion)by police on private property and trained guard dogs got at the police?

I find some(still way too many)cops are like half tamed coy-dogs...all killer instinct and little to no self control.
Some people may refer to this(shown in video)type of behaviour as "power tripping"
I say it's just plain immature and egomaniacal.

To me, this incident is another example of irresponsible dog handling, in this case by an officer of the law.

Pity.....If ever there is any legal ramifications in favor of the "perpetrator" the poor dog will most likely be the one to suffer.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2014, 07:17 AM
I believe the police officer was pulled by his dog, it was not a fake stumble
I suspect the video was shot by a bystander and this is why there is no before or after footage
I don't quite understand your remark about "unwarranted presence". Too many brackets for me to make a lot of sense of you post I'm afraid.
I don't think a police dog in England will be made to suffer for this incident.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2014, 06:04 PM
I think it depends on the actions of the young man on the ground. If he was being a danger to others or himself the dog was doing his job. The police aren't going to have you dragged by the neck for jaywalking...well I hope not at least.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Nippy - "I don't think a police dog in England will be made to suffer for this incident."

I certainlly hope not, what is wrong with humans these days, a gang of drunken drugged up youths start a mass fight, shop fronts damaged, and all theother horrible things and some women makes idiotic remarks about the dog. She doesn't mention all the agro the humans are causing all the horrible things they are doing just a pathetic remark like "Oh my God he's bitten him" no wonder the world is in the mess it's in, people can go around killing and maiming others and no one gives a dam but the minute a dog bites someone you get stupid remarks like these kids are making.

Wish I had never watched that video now.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-09-2014, 09:54 PM
I believe this needs to be said,
I have experienced horrendous sights and stories regarding law enforcement and dogs.
There are numerous accounts of police brutality and the killing dogs. This while on posted private property without a warrant(((((unwarranted presence)))))!!!!!
As well, I have personally witnessed law enforcement agents abusing rights by having trained dogs do their dirty work.

I've worked as a farmhand, mechanic, heavy equipment operator, firefighter, carpenter, search and rescue...the list is extensive.
I've owned hundreds of dogs and trained most of them for many different roles.
For 35 years I worked as a counsellor and/or therapist in the fields of drug addiction, alcohol addiction, substance abuse, child welfare, and the abuse areas of physical, emotional, spiritual, mental/psychological, and sexual.
Currently I am a consultant in many of the previously mentioned areas.
I drive a dog team all winter in my own ecotourism operation, and for hauling wood and hunting as well as providing recreation for my family. I raise sled dogs, pigeons, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, guinea fowl and pheasants for food and pleasure. I also have a couple of horses.
A lot of training has been involved but the main thing is *observation is key*.

I've lived in many different scenarios, on the street, the road, in mansions, tents, bare ground, mountains, forest, swamp, lakes. I dare say most people would never be able to relate.

I'm not saying I know all but I do a little of this and that.
I do know that an 80lb dog hauled a sled containing over 300lbs of wood for 3 miles, trotting, and although I couldn't keep up to him, he would stop when I gave the order. A team of 9 now, caught scent of a deer and bolted. They stopped when I gave the order.
We all have the prerogative to draw our own conclusions.
In the unlikely event my *guess*(if you will) is an error I will rephrase my statement.
; According to my way of thinking, and my training, and experience as, and being an observer of animal and human behaviour, this animal and/or this human were ill trained and/or the stumble by the police officer appears it may very well have been a poorly executed dive.

All being sad, I am very close to some law enforcement agents and appreciate what they do.

"1 bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch" thank goodness.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top