Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 06:24 PM

fav movies

:grin today i made hubby put up all my sly stallone signed pics i have [ dribble dribble ] my all time fav movie has to be rocky 4 just behind is green mile just wondered what fav movies where ????
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 06:35 PM
I love the Lost Boys film. I could watch it everyday.
BarkingMad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-01-2006, 07:27 PM
... favorite movie. I don't think i have a favorite movie but i watched Orange County on DVD yesterday and i found that a good film.

But i do love the movie "Cats & Dogs" it just cracks me up, makes you think that maybe our dogs and cats do behave that way
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I love the rocky films too Ella's mum

There are so many films that I love, but I think my favourite is Benny and Joon
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 09:51 PM
My favourite at the moment is "Man about Dog". It's hilarious, gripping, beautifully shot, heart jerking (but not tooooo much) with a great ending. The best bit is in the end credits where you learn that the dog star in it came from Greyhound Rescue, brought a tear to my eye.
I am trying to find it on DVD but no luck with Amazon. It's an Irish made film, about a gang of Belfast boys who travel to the Republic to compete with their dog, I know it IS on DVD, just trying to find out where
Any suggestions welcome!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 12:22 PM
deccy , try play . com they do films etc
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2006, 12:32 PM
The good the bad and the ugly (theme is also my ringtone )
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Snow Dogs and Cool Runnings I never got sick of watching them
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2006, 02:16 PM
My "answer" here might be more suitable to a "fave directors" thread, as I'd say that my "list" was dominated by the films of Steven Spielberg (who is responsible, IMO, for some of the finest films of the last 25 years - E.T., Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, to name but three!**).

At the moment, however, my top vote has to go to the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, from Peter Jackson and his crew - I have all three on DVD, in "extended versions", and they get a lot of playing time.

When it's late, and there's nothing on telly but c**p (which is frequent), I fall back on the same three DVDs - "The Scorpion King", "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns". None of these are noted for their intellectual content, but they are entertaining, have good effects, and some very silly performances from Brendan Fraser ("George of the Jungle") - a sort of cross between Indiana Jones and Laurel & Hardy!

Snorri
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by BarkingMad
... favorite movie. I don't think i have a favorite movie but i watched Orange County on DVD yesterday and i found that a good film.
I love that film! It has a great soundtrack!!

Me and my friends have regular 'movie nights' We just watch a whole load of movies and occassionalyl get a wee bit tipsy!!

We usually watch something like Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (funny!!)

And always a Stephen King one - Pet Sematary last time (cute little Gage, awwww..lol) sometimes Idle Hands or something scary like Creep or something..

Favourite at the moment has got to be Duke's of Hazzard though! I love that film!!

All time favourite movie is probably The Crow.