Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tilly1081
New Member!
Female 

23-07-2011, 12:57 PM

Dogue de bordaux free to loving home

I have a D.D.B full pedigree 2yrs old male. Major is a very loyal protective friend that loves to be centre of attention. He loves daily walks and playing with children,I have 3 kids whom he adores I don't want to get rid of this dog as I love him so much,but due to family circumstances i am unable to keep him. Anyone interested in this message please make sure you are fully aware having this breed of dog is a big commitment. Major is only available to a home that will treat him as part of the family and love him like we do. Major can be very deceiving with his size really he's just a big sortie that will look after you.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Have you contacted his breeder (if you brought from one!) decent breeders will take back their off spring.
If not - is he still entire? I personally would neauter before rehoming if so.
& advertising 'free to good home' will nine times out of ten attract the wrong attention. I would ask for a small something even if you choose to donate that to a rescue, breed rescue maybe? Talking of which contacting them is also a good idea, they will have experienced homes waiting.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 04:54 PM
what devildogz said
Yanto
New Member!
Male 

17-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi,

Is Major still looking for a new home?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2011, 05:37 PM
These are being used to breed the new status dogs, so anyone needs to be home-checked and references taken. The dog must be neutered.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2011, 05:52 PM
As above, have you contacted the breeder. if thats not possible, please contact breed rescue, that way you will know the dog will be placed in the correct home.... free to good home may bring the wrong sort of person forward.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2011, 05:58 PM
The OP hasn't been on line since July, so I would guess that the dog has probably been rehomed.
Yanto
New Member!
Male 

18-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I hope he has found a good home. I agree that free to good home can attract the wrong kind of interest. However, I would have adopted him and he would have had a fabulous home. If he wasnt already neutered I would have arranged it.
I have a DDB x American bulldog that I resued four years ago. I spent nearly three thousand pounds and loads of TLC getting her back into a healthy state. I resued her when she was being kept in a shed and only let out for one meal a day!!!! She had eczema, ear infections and was about six kilos underweight.
Now she is my pride and joy, my wife and I love her very much and she is sitting on the sofa with us as I type.
So, not all the interest attracted by "free to good home" is always bad.