Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ozjanine
New Member!
Female 

01-11-2012, 11:30 PM

Jack the Cattle Dog

Hi,
we are new owners of a puppy called Jack, a blue coloured cattledog. He is only 12 weeks old and we are going to start some basic puppy training.

I want to find out about how to train Jack as a companion dog for my two adult disabled sons. We thought getting our own dog and then training him up was a better option than sitting on a waiting list for 18 months to 3 years. Jack has a calm nature and loves snuggling next to you. His fur is lovely and soft.. and his blue coat is very light - in fact, it's almost white.

I am pleased to be part of these forums and hoping that people can help us out to produce the best dog ever for us.

Janine.
Jesss
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2012, 08:34 AM
A 12 week old puppy that is calm! Can we swap?!
I would know where to start really but i suppose taking him everywhere with your sons to get them used to their environments i dont know what sort of disabilities they have or how that may restrict them but for example hounds for heroes will train a dog to go in the local pub so that eventually it can help the owner go for a quiet pint.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Hello Janine this is a UK based site and I am unfamiliar with Assistance Dog training in Australia.
Maybe these people can advise and suggest trainers who can help you.

http://www.assistancedogs.org.au/
http://www.awaredogs.org.au/

I wish you every success with your training