View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Thank you for the advice and just to let you know some of it is working .

The command "Enough" really seems to do the trick, when you say it it can easily sound rather stern.

So Harley goes to alert you for something, we say thank you in a happy tone. Then if he does not stop (which normally he does not) we then say "Enough" and it really seems to be working. At present when he does stop with the Enough command he gets lots of praise and/or a treat as well.

This gives me hope we might finally be able to get it under control which would be fantastic.

Just recently Harley did his alerting thing as someone was at the door, my husband went to answer it and harley started to bark a lot again. So from my bed I called Harley (and before he even got to me) and then I said Enough in a stern voice. Harley stopped barking and came to see me what a result as he has never done that before. Normally he wont stop barking until they have gone and he would never come over to my bedside when he was on alert mode. Now with this command he has .

Thank you again and good luck to all of you who are trying to do the same, I highly recommend the enough command with using that word.
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes, Harley and Me, it's working for us also! We are getting good results. Saying 'enough' does sound quite brisk, doesn't it, and when I first started using the word when he was barking he stopped and looked quite surprised, so I zoomed in with praise and a treat! We are getting on really well with this!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2