View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I do hope that they can get this under control for you.

I don't know if I've posted this link before, but the AHT is currently researching into Idiopathic epilepsy in Border Collies(which includes WSD) & they want DNA samples from affected dogs & near relatives & also older related dogs that do not have epilepsy. It's simple as the DNA is collected by Buccal swabs which you can request by E mail to Brian McLaughin
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 10:44 AM
So sorry. gentle hugs all round x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm so sorry she has had another fit, I hope it's sorted soon.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
So sorry about Cassie, I am sure they will get the meds right soon I expect its trial and error till they get it right for her.
Not much help I know saying that, I don't know how I would cope in your shoes.
Sending loads of positive vibes and (((Hugs))). xx
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
So sorry to hear this about the lovely Cassie.Let's hope the vet can sort it this morning.
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I couldn't believe this when I saw it in the morning post, I am so, so sorry Jackie Gentle hugs and everything else I've got coming your way that those meds are sorted and she never has to endure any more. Please don't forget, it's a lot worse for YOU than it is for her, which doesn't help much I know, but stay positive mate.xxxxx Zena sends some very special gentle kisses to her to help her get better.xxxxxxxx
Originally Posted by Pets&People View Post
I hope it gets sorted out honey, my sister in laws Staffy had Epilepsy but they got it under control with the meds eventually. I hope the same for you sweetheart
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Poor Cassie Hope it all goes well today at the vet.
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh dear, poor Cassie, hope she is back to normal quickly.
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I'm so sorry to read this. You, John and the Princess are in our prayers x Hope the vets get the dosage right quickly, for all your sakes *hugs*
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
So sorry to hear this.

It is horrible having a dog that fits.

Big hugs to you all
xxxxx
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Awww Jackie, it must be so hard. Gentle *hugs* for Cassie but huge *hugs* to you and John. You will get there eventually, I am sure of it. It is a cold comfort but the fits sound shorter and her recovery sounds quicker. Let us know how you get on at the vets x
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I do hope that they can get this under control for you.

I don't know if I've posted this link before, but the AHT is currently researching into Idiopathic epilepsy in Border Collies(which includes WSD) & they want DNA samples from affected dogs & near relatives & also older related dogs that do not have epilepsy. It's simple as the DNA is collected by Buccal swabs which you can request by E mail to Brian McLaughin
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
So sorry. gentle hugs all round x
Originally Posted by random View Post
I'm so sorry she has had another fit, I hope it's sorted soon.
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Each and every one are appreciated.

John took Cassie to the vet this morning to get the last of the bloods taken. The appointment had already been booked so he took the opportunity to speak to her about the latest fit. The vet has upped the Phenobarbitol to 4 a day and told us to monitor it and let her know how we get on.

The poor thing is now going to be on 4 Phenobarbitol and 1 Epilease daily. We have to give her another Diazapam tonight as a stabilising measure and then that stops tomorrow.

Just a case of watch this space I guess but John says she's absolutely fine now although we're both knackered.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh poor Cassie, glad she's feeling a bit better and fingers crossed it's sorted this time. Lots and lots of positive vibes from me and my two xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Glad to hear Cassie is feeling better. Hope you and John manage to rest tonight although I have a feeling you might not sleep properly for a few nights.
Hope the meds are sorted for her this time. X
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Oh poor Cassie, glad she's feeling a bit better and fingers crossed it's sorted this time. Lots and lots of positive vibes from me and my two xxx
Thanks Becky. We hope so. xx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Glad to hear Cassie is feeling better. Hope you and John manage to rest tonight although I have a feeling you might not sleep properly for a few nights.
Hope the meds are sorted for her this time. X
Thanks Lynn. I think we should sleep ok due to exhaustion, at least for tonight. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 04:37 PM
So glad to hear she's fine in herself now Jackie. That's a lot of pills to have to give day in day out isn't it poor little girlie. I'm so sorry Jackie, but I'm sure with the new dose of meds finger's crossed, everything crossed, she won't have any more after this It really must be so worrying for you and John, you just never know when it could happen I suppose. Do you keep a diary for her? It might be interesting? I know it wouldn't cure it, I'm not daft, but it may just point to something that could set it off coz you just never know do you?

I remember something about my horse once and the vet told me to keep a log of everything I did and everything I fed on a daily basis that could just throw a pointer to something that was setting off whatever it was at the time (I can't remember what was wrong though!). Anyways, he said one of his colleagues had the same problem with her horse, and she kept the log, and it turned out on certain days of the week, she would treat herself to a rasberry yoghurt and eat it after mucking out the horse and letting him lick the pot!!! It just might be worth a go with Cassie, i.e. all the different treats etc? All the best with my little cybergirlie, and more hugs and kisses for her from us lot.xxxxxxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 04:40 PM
hope cassie is feeling better soon....((((hugs))))
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Poor Cassie (and both of you two, you must be shattered with not sleeping )

I hope they get this under control for you soon, it must be awful watching dear Cassie go through these fits
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »