Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 05:10 AM

Morning everyone - Tuesday!

Morning all,

Shirley is back today so I’ll be back to two staff instead of one. I won’t be fully staffed again until Monday 24th.

Today I am in meetings from 9.15 for the whole day, so I had to prepare a lot of today’s stuff yesterday. Luckily, I had my best girl, Suzanne with me, and between us we smashed the other work by 1pm which left me the afternoon to get sorted.

The upside of today’s meetings is that I just might get home a tad earlier, even if I do have to log on when I get in...... here’s hoping

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today’s gem:
Your baby may be adorable, but so is my dog, and he cleans his own bum.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Morning Vicki and all

I hope today goes smoothly for you Vicki!

I had a very quiet day yesterday recovering from my hectic weekend. Back to normal routine today, working this afternoon walking this morning.

Have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Morning Vicki, Gerry and everyone

Hope you manage to get off a bit earlier today then Vicki, and glad you managed to have a relaxing day yesterday Gerry.

Dave's gone off to work early this morning, and yesterday I sold my BMW and the chap is coming over to collect it this morning. He reckons he can do a swift bank wire or transfer on our lappy, but I'm gonna make darn sure it's in my account before I let him drive off in it. Sad day for me, I've had that car 6 years, done hundreds of miles in it travelling over here every week-end for the past 3 years, but it had to go, I just don't need it anymore, so the dogmobile it is for me and Zena after today. I can't believe the money I'm losing on it over 6 years but at least it'll get the bathroom, bootroom, and the rest of the house finished, and that way, at least I get that money back instead of losing half of it on a set of wheels.

I see a beautiful blue sky outside, and this morning, I'm off out on the bike doing the full circuit of my woods, which means a bit of roadwork the other side, I could get lost lol, but I'm sure Zena won't mind. She's sooooo funny when I'm on that bike, she reminds me of how my horse used to "change" when he was all tacked up, Zena does the same, she goes all regimental on me, and is sooo eager that she's doing everything right, love her! There is a big field with a duck pond half way round, so I park up the bike (can't life it over the style!) and whiz her round there chucking her ball, then we're back on the road together, side by side, she just loves it!

Anyhoo, that's me today, hope you're all having a good one too
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Good Morning Cuz xxx

Good Morning All xxx

Well today I have to have full bloods and MOT....finally the NHS have caught up with me

I received a letter from this new practice that I registered with some months back and as I have not seen a Doctor in some years they would like to see me

So its a special clinic that Birmingham NHS are running here to find out if you need good news or bad news ........ so watch this space

Have a great day folks and I hope the day runs smoothly Cuz xxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Glad to hear you smashed the back bone of the work yesterday Vicki and fingers crossed for an earlier finish today for you.

Your day yesterday sounds lovely Gerri and I know you needed that relaxing day.
I am always sad when I have to sell my cars Helena. But I think the bike ride with Zena may help to lift your spirits. I hope so anyway.
Good luck with your mot Steph I am sure you will be fine.

Gorden and I are hoping for a quiet day with only good news I don't think we could stand another bombshell today.

I love the gem today. Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Morning Vicki and everyone,
Vicki hope you get that early finish and we get to have you on here
Hope your fully recovered now Gerry
H, your like me I have often likened my dogs when out to my horses I used to have .
Hope you pass your MOT with flying colours Steph.
Lynn fingers crossed you get your quiet day today and can just relax and recharge your batteries.
I must phone the doctors today as I think I am mean't to be having my blood test this week and my blood pressure checked and I haven't even made the appointment yet
Work later today and I hope one of the chaps who works with me is back as I had to cover all his stuff yesterday too.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever you are doing.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Good morning All

Yesterday was a strange one!
Last October my father came to me in a dream (he died 18 months ago), the dream was soooo real it was amazing. In my dream I was touching his face and stroking his hair and I was convinced he was there with me. I told him how much I missed him and he replied by telling me I'd soon be joining him, that I shouldn't be scared, it would be quick and he'd be holding my hand as it happened. I asked when, he told me the 17th September but he refused to tell me how. I only told my OH and my best friend about my dream, they were both a bit freaked out. I wasn't scared at all as I explained to them, if it happens I'll be ok as I'll be with my dad; if it doesn't happen, then it was just a dream.

Well, as it is now the 18th and I'm still here I am reassured that it was just a dream, but yesterday was a bit weird. It was always in the back of my mind 'is today the day?'

I know this makes me sound like a bit of a nutter, but I'm not.........honestly! Maybe he meant the 17th September next year
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Good morning all.

Blue skies again, but now with the autumn chill in the air.

Gary came with us yesterday. His new quest is for brochures on Skegness. Now at this time of year it ain't easy. This year's brochures are out of stock and out of print and next year's aren't available yet. Took ages finding the Tourist Info office and when we did, it was closed for lunch. Guess who'll be going back today?

Gary likes to do powerpoint presentations so he copies books etc onto the computer this way. He has done one on the history of Skeg so now wants to do one showing modern day. The best way, of course, would be for him to take photo's and put his own words to them, but he can't do this because his writing/communication skills aren't good. However, because this is one interest that has endured, no doubt some how, some way, we'll get a hold of some brochures for him

Well, onwards an upwards. Have had a good long sleep this morning as I kicked OH out this morning to see to Rosie so now need to get my backside in gear and have a tidy round and shower before we get off for our walk.

Have a good 'un all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-09-2012, 09:02 AM
'morning Vicki and all above

Could be another warm day here so must get out and do a bit of gardening before winte comes.

Best wishes and have a good day all of you.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Afternoon Vicki, afternoon all. I am having a right dozy day so far, starting with going back to bed after Pereg had her first meds and getting another couple of hours sleep until she jumped on me wanting to go out again. Then decided to just rest on the bed for a few minutes after my shower and zonked off again...

...and I really fancy an afternoon nap now!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone, and if anyone has some nice cool weather, preferably with rain, will they please fooff it over here, as this summer really has gone on far too long.