Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MalaAska
New Member!
Female 

03-11-2017, 08:27 AM

Housebreaking a puppy

Hello! I really need help and advice! I have 10 week old miniature poodle puppy. We decided to keep her in one main room in house until she is housebroken. The problem I have is that when I see her starting to pee on carpet or somewhere where she is not supposed to, i take her immediatelly to the right spot. But then she like dosent have to pee anymore. I know she does. I keep her on a pee pad there but she is able to hold it for 2 hours,yes 2 freacking hours until she falls asleep on a pee pad. But if I let her go around the house again, she would pee on a carpet or somewhere in a second. I will just blink, and its done. She even does this in the morning. She sleeps thru the night and wakes me up around 6-7 AM. I take her to the spot, and NO. She dosent want to do it there, and I dont have an hour or two every morning to stay in one spot and keep her on a pee pad.
There is nothing weird or uncomfortable for her there. She used to go there to poo until she discovered another corner of a room, on a laminate. I clean it off, (they say dogs hate smell and taste of vinager so i cover that area up with it, but she was uncomfortable for a minute then back to old ways)
(Crate training wont work, because she dosent want to toilet anywhere near her bed,we tried it )

I have no problem with supervising her, training her anything it takes,just this thing is driving me insane slowly. Can someone help me? I know it takes time but this way we have NO progress at all.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Give her less space to roam around in and put more pee pads down close to each other. So a square of maybe four or six pee pads touching each other so that she has no option but to use one. Hope that helps. She is still very young and will catch on very quickly over the next few days.
tristaburgo
New Member!
Female 

22-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by MalaAska View Post
Hello! I really need help and advice! I have 10 week old miniature poodle puppy. We decided to keep her in one main room in house until she is housebroken. The problem I have is that when I see her starting to pee on carpet or somewhere where she is not supposed to, i take her immediatelly to the right spot. But then she like dosent have to pee anymore. I know she does. I keep her on a pee pad there but she is able to hold it for 2 hours,yes 2 freacking hours until she falls asleep on a pee pad. But if I let her go around the house again, she would pee on a carpet or somewhere in a second. I will just blink, and its done. She even does this in the morning. She sleeps thru the night and wakes me up around 6-7 AM. I take her to the spot, and NO. She dosent want to do it there, and I dont have an hour or two every morning to stay in one spot and keep her on a pee pad.
There is nothing weird or uncomfortable for her there. She used to go there to poo until she discovered another corner of a room, on a laminate. I clean it off, (they say dogs hate smell and taste of vinager so i cover that area up with it, but she was uncomfortable for a minute then back to old ways)
(Crate training wont work, because she dosent want to toilet anywhere near her bed,we tried it )

I have no problem with supervising her, training her anything it takes,just this thing is driving me insane slowly. Can someone help me? I know it takes time but this way we have NO progress at all.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
Yeah we had to give our little pooch a smaller section to run around in. Even then, our little Princess would end up leaving us "presents," eating the garbage, and sitting on our nice chair! We decided to take her to dog training and she has never been better. Very well behaved our little Princess is!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-12-2017, 09:16 PM
You need to be taking her outside to wee/poo very regularly (every hour or so) until she gets the message. Unless you want her to always pee on a pee pad I would ditch them. You say she will not "go" near her bed and that is a very good thing as it tells me that she want's to be clean. It's time consuming in the beginning, but if you can give her this intensive attention at this time it won't be long before she is house trained. Outside after each meal, after each sleep and you must stay with her and praise her each time she performs outside. Once she has peed in one place a couple of times she will return to it - and ideally it should be outside not inside.