Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2014, 02:25 AM

A Doggie Halloween

I guess on another thread we've established that Halloween or Guy Fawkes Day or whatever isn't so popular with some folks. But are there some of us who dress our dogs? Ourselves too perhaps???

Okay I have officially crossed into the world of crazy dog person...quite alright, I have been the "crazy cat lady" proudly for many years.

I will have to post pics. On Saturday is an event called "Strut Your Mutt". My boy and I are going in tutu's and angel wings. Pictures to come. Anyone else enjoy a yearly dress-up?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Have dressed up in previous years when the girls were younger,princess too I once had little kids in tears at a school Halloween party I dressed up as a wolf in grandma's clothes,the mask was amazing but obviously a bit too scarey!! I did remove it
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Come on now Eileen - were you really wearing a mask? Or just having a bad hair day!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Come on now Eileen - were you really wearing a mask? Or just having a bad hair day!
Bit of both
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2014, 10:08 AM
First halloween, I enjoy a bit of dressing up, family round and fun and games. Plus all the sweets and treats! Yum!
This year my OHs and my costume are based on a dog costume we found at the garden centre. It is a green jumper with a frankenstein face on. So my OH is going to be frankenstein's monster, I'll be the bride and hopefully we will all look great. We will be having some family round, we only want people that know Cookie really well with all he has been through this year but we want to get back to life and enjoy these things.
We have dressed him up before, like a vampire outfit and superdog. My OH and I used to take him with my little sister (much younger don't worry haha) to go trick or treating. She was always scared about the other costumes and would only go if Cookie could come too. She is still freaked out a bit by some costumes, and things like puppets and furbys.
Bonfire night, I could be happy if it was limited to one night of fireworks, or even 2 (ie the night off and the following Saturday or something) but it starts so early and continues randomly until after New Years. Cookie isn't normally too bothered, but sometimes a loud one first will spook him them he grumbles and barks for the rest of them. I dose him up with some Rescue Remedy just incase and we try to get on with things as normal. Strangely if we are outside and they start he couldn't care less, it's just in the house.