Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2005, 01:21 PM

The heat

At work and OH is working away again, get very worried about my lil boy in this heat, i have left him in the kitchen which is cool but still worry, left him extra water 2. Oh well nothing i can do have to work and i make sure as soon as i get in i take him swimming.

thinking of getting him a paddling pool in the garden, he he how much fun will that be!

alana xxx
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 02:01 PM
i just been looking ar water coold dog coats for the summer for tyson .. also buying him his own fan and having it installed above his bed .. rotties take the heat bad . hes got a tent for the garden to give him a nice bit of shade and im putting ice in his water . hes got water bowls all over the place and i dont know what esle to do !
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 02:19 PM
All you can do is make sure they drink plenty of water, and they will usually be sensible and rest somewhere cool, TJ is only a baby but knows when it is hot to take things easy and lye on the cold kitchen floor!
just dont let them go too mad in this kind of heat, walk them early morning late evening TJ is a long coated breed so im extra careful about the heat, scrumps is clipped short so he is fine, but i still take precautions, as heat stroke is something i dont want to deal with
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2005, 02:47 PM
My 2 (Boxers) dont cope with the heat very well, but will they stay out of it, they spend all day going in and out of the sun, digging holes to lie in to cool down, have got a fan in the kitchen for them, and take them out very early or late for there walk, they have not had any of lead runs for a few days either as i worry to much.

Bandit once collasped in the heat, i leaned my lesson that day, so i keep them out of it as much as poss.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 02:57 PM
My Malamutes dont cope with the heat very well either, I have tried to walk them very late at night, but its that humid it takes ages for them to cool down so I have decided, I wont walk them til its a little cooler. they do however go out and have a quick run around together a few times a day then come back in and lie in the shade. I have 3 fans and an air conditioner unit blasting all the time, its that noisy I cant hear the TV so thats my excuse to come onto the computer more

Mo
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

13-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Just thought I`d mention for those who`re out, if you close your curtains your dogs won`t get caught in sun streaming thru windows
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2005, 03:54 PM
ours have buckets of water instead of bowls,child paddling pools to go in if they want too which they do,a fan on in the kitchen and the tiled floor.
they find the spot they are comfy in and we don't move them if they are chilled enough to sleep.
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I quite often worry but have been told by so many people its better Khera is in the house than in the blazing sun and whether i'm there or not she'll only be lazing around in cool spots on the kitchen floor. Mind you she doesn't really suffer much from the heat. She seems to love sitting in the sun....i have to drag her in!!!
pollaton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2005, 04:23 PM
i always move wilsons bed to the other side of the room away from the windows. and we switch the fan on for him. plus plenty of water.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2005, 04:26 PM
i put there bed in the shade outside so they get the air if there is any they choose where they go to sleep.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >