Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by kobi View Post
Sorry , but I bought a roadkill toy. No stuffing. Racoon. Did not last 5 mins. in shreds.
It soooo much depends on the dog. Soft stuffed toys are always de-stuffed by Merlin but he will still play with the floppy 'skin' so it was a calculated guess that he'd like a Roadkill toy, which paid off.

If he was the kind of dog that de-guts stuffed toys and then shreds the skin, I wouldn't have bothered.

His grunty piggies somehow always manage to get dis-gruntled very quickly though!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Mine are the same Spence still has an empty teddy he takes to bed that one of the others defluffed lol
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Aw, she looks to be having loads of fun with that! They used to be sold at christmas where i work, and i did think about getting one for Jake but at that price, it wouldnt be worth it... he would have torn it to shreds in seconds.
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2011, 02:21 AM
I bought one of those for Summer last year, I read something about the stuffing causing all sorts of horrendous problems if swallowed which is why I went for one, they are very expensive though

The pics are great showing him having so much fun xx
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Great pics looks like she had a lot of fun playing and sleeping with it

I have seen them but it wouldn't be worth it for Ted he's not really interested in soft toys until the hoover starts and then he just pulls them to shreds
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Bless her Looks like she's loving her new toy Thanks for sharing x
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Why the need to buy expensive toys?

£1 shop and 99p store do doggy toys ^^

bought a tug from the 99p store and its till in full working order even with a puppy addicted to chewing everything!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Lovely pics Bev and Lily is certainly enjoying it. Is she ok now?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post

bought a tug from the 99p store and its till in full working order even with a puppy addicted to chewing everything!
The pound tuggies are not the same quality and don't do the job they were designed for in this case cleaning teeth. The expensive ones contained cotton filaments for flossing that break down differently.
To be honest I never skimp on dog toys or sell the really cheap ones don't think it's worth it.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post

My Sister bought my two dogs a toy each from Poundland one Christmas. I left them in the study with them and when I came in the entire floor was strewn with bits of toy! These are dogs that don't chew or rip up their toys so I was a bit shocked! To me it would be a waste of money buying stuff for them from Poundland as it doesn't last 5 minutes. I usually get their toys from car boot sales or charity shops so I don't spend a lot on them and they are always having new ones.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >