Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Good luck on Saturday!
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Well unfortunately it didn't go well :'( They were fine together on lead, couple of growl/barks but nothing bad. We sat in the shade with both of them laying near each other. But when we let them off lead, muzzled, Miami just went crazy on Zephyr and wasn't gonna stop, she just doesn't like him. I'm gutted, I'd gotten quite attached to her after visiting her so many times.

We have been to see a Rottweiler at Woodside rescue today. My chap has always wanted one, i'd prefer a GSD or similar and (one day i'll get me a CSV!), but Rotts are lovely and the one we met today, Zeus, is very sweet (and bf's grin said it all!). We had Zeph with us so thought we'd mix them today (would rather do it sooner as its important that they get on with Zeph and I don't want to go through what we did with Miami, it's too sad). Zephyr was in one of his gobby moods just barking for the fun of it I think lol but Zeus was fab, totally calm and not phased by him! We will mix them again on thursday and go for a long walk in the nearby woods then have a home check friday so watch this space...
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by STGSD View Post
Well unfortunately it didn't go well :'( They were fine together on lead, couple of growl/barks but nothing bad. We sat in the shade with both of them laying near each other. But when we let them off lead, muzzled, Miami just went crazy on Zephyr and wasn't gonna stop, she just doesn't like him. I'm gutted, I'd gotten quite attached to her after visiting her so many times.

We have been to see a Rottweiler at Woodside rescue today. My chap has always wanted one, i'd prefer a GSD or similar and (one day i'll get me a CSV!), but Rotts are lovely and the one we met today, Zeus, is very sweet (and bf's grin said it all!). We had Zeph with us so thought we'd mix them today (would rather do it sooner as its important that they get on with Zeph and I don't want to go through what we did with Miami, it's too sad). Zephyr was in one of his gobby moods just barking for the fun of it I think lol but Zeus was fab, totally calm and not phased by him! We will mix them again on thursday and go for a long walk in the nearby woods then have a home check friday so watch this space...

So sorry it didn't work out. Sometimes dogs just don't like each other I guess. Best of luck on Thursday! Any pictures to share?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm so sorry about Miami.

I hope things work out with Zeus
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
So sorry it didn't work out. Sometimes dogs just don't like each other I guess. Best of luck on Thursday! Any pictures to share?
I think she will like some dogs and not others and that would have been a worry for me as by the sounds and looks of it if she doesn't like a dog she will fight it and not give in. It's such a shame and she was so lovely with us. I suppose thats how it goes with rescuing, just got to find the right dog.

Anyway this is Zeus, he is 19 months, I really was amazed at how calm and confident he was around Zephyr!

He is a handsome lad!

Dan having a run with him lol! Note the grin lol!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Fab pics Zeus is gorgeous!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:55 PM
'Tis a big grin.
Kiing
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Sorry it didn't go well with Miami.

However, Zeus is gorgeous! Hope things go well on Thursday.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 06:41 PM
So sorry things didn't work out for you.........have to say though Zeus is gorgeous (I love rotti's) and looks like a winner with the OH
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks everyone x
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6