View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 11:41 PM

Do you feel safer when walking with your dog/s?

ive noticed recently, what with the dark nights, that i feel much safer when im out walking with jake, than on my own.

i dont feel jake could protect me if anything were to happen. he is too much of a softy that i really dont think he would understand that a person was being aggressive. maybe he would surprise me, but how he is with everyone else, i just dont think he has it in him. i can just see him licking them he isnt aggressive, and doesnt look aggressive so doesnt look threatening to people.

i think its just coz i know im not alone... and thats comforting to me. not that i feel he is my protector... coz he isnt, i am his.

so how do you feel walking your dog? do you feel better that you arent alone?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 11:54 PM
hi
i always feel somethings missing if im out without a dog,yes i feel safer too, and like you untill i got Tupac my dogs had no protective instincts against people(only if a dog was aggressive to me) but looked the part (according to others)
Tupac is just getting his guarding instincts and is defo much more on the 'alert' in the dark
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Not really, my two are utterly, utterly dense and can barely protect themselves let alone me!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi
i always feel somethings missing if im out without a dog,yes i feel safer too, and like you untill i got Tupac my dogs had no protective instincts against people(only if a dog was aggressive to me) but looked the part (according to others)
Tupac is just getting his guarding instincts and is defo much more on the 'alert' in the dark
lol, im the same, i want to take jake everywhere. i enjoy having him with me so much

i dont know how jake would react to an aggressive dog, we havent really come across any... well not in a while and the ones we have met have been aggressive to him, and he still wanted to play now he has more sense (well, a teeny bit more sense) i dont know how he would react lol.

Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Not really, my two are utterly, utterly dense and can barely protect themselves let alone me!
aw, what a cuties lol, thats like jake. i dont know what it is about having him with me, it just comforting lol...
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:03 AM
although ruby doesnt really look the part and she wouldnt no what to do if someone scary came up to her, i definatly feel so much safer with her in the dark
also im not a very confident person and hate going places on my own before i had ruby i wouldnt really go out walkin places, eg i work about 5/10 mins walk from home and if i wanted to go to see my friend in work or needed to no what hours i was working i would never walk would always use the car, but now i walk down with ruby and come back across the field with her, which is better for me and ruby gets to see her step mommys and daddys in work and she has done so much more to give me more confidence in other things aswel
so yes i do feel safer walking with ruby
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by loufoxyloxy View Post
although ruby doesnt really look the part and she wouldnt no what to do if someone scary came up to her, i definatly feel so much safer with her in the dark
also im not a very confident person and hate going places on my own before i had ruby i wouldnt really go out walkin places, eg i work about 5/10 mins walk from home and if i wanted to go to see my friend in work or needed to no what hours i was working i would never walk would always use the car, but now i walk down with ruby and come back across the field with her, which is better for me and ruby gets to see her step mommys and daddys in work and she has done so much more to give me more confidence in other things aswel
so yes i do feel safer walking with ruby
aw, thats so lovely! ruby is such a good girl

im the same as you, im not very confident and hate walking places on my own. i dont drive so generally have to walk, but its always from A to B. my mum can go to the shops, and happily wander around looking by herself, i cant do that. i only go to the shops if i specifically need something and even then i will take jake, meet my mum so she can hold him while im in the shop, and then head home again lol
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Safer -with Werm- you must be joking!!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
aw, thats so lovely! ruby is such a good girl

im the same as you, im not very confident and hate walking places on my own. i dont drive so generally have to walk, but its always from A to B. my mum can go to the shops, and happily wander around looking by herself, i cant do that. i only go to the shops if i specifically need something and even then i will take jake, meet my mum so she can hold him while im in the shop, and then head home again lol
this is like me, i know im lucky that i can drive, i learnt so that i could get to college easier (20mins in car or 1 hour on 2 buses )
also rubys not being such a good girl this last week i think she is becoming a teenager
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »