View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 09:48 PM
yep we keep sewing back their faves as well...lol Kody had this one cute toy the first we got him and I didn't wanna throw it away...It was a soft cop toy and rather then throw it away we kept fixing it...It is now just a pair of legs but he still has it...lol The head and feet etc are in the toy box but not intact anymore and they even play with them seeing as they like toplay tug with the stupidest of things...We bought them a massive tug toy for christmas but they would rather play tug with one of this old cops feet...LOL
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Hark at you with your Prada shoes (not jealous honest) sitting there sewing up your dogs toys whilst your OH doesn't even have pockets in his jeans!!

But seriously, no, I don't as they get shredded very, very quickly. My two got their first two teddies for Xmas and their playroom looked like it had been snowing.

But they were happy
Cheeky moo!!!! LOL Just told OH what you wrote and he's rolling his eyes at me

Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
yep we keep sewing back their faves as well...lol Kody had this one cute toy the first we got him and I didn't wanna throw it away...It was a soft cop toy and rather then throw it away we kept fixing it...It is now just a pair of legs but he still has it...lol The head and feet etc are in the toy box but not intact anymore and they even play with them seeing as they like toplay tug with the stupidest of things...We bought them a massive tug toy for christmas but they would rather play tug with one of this old cops feet...LOL
Yeah, Cassie has a favourite as well but I still replace it with an identical one when he gets too knackered. Think she's on the 13th one in 2 years and that's with all the sewing.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Cheeky moo!!!! LOL Just told OH what you wrote and he's rolling his eyes at me
Psst, Jackie, you wanna get sewing those pockets up!

Don't want him to have an excuse not to be carrying his wallet when passing shops that might just stock a certain brand of shoe or handbag

Remember, they are an investment
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 10:02 PM
No I buy more form the charity shop
kinda given up on teddys as they shredd them in seconds now but when they were younger I used to buy them from the local charity shop for around 50p each so guess it helped them a bit to,,
Sprocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2007, 10:07 PM
*snort* sorry but cuddly toys that are given to the dogs are dismembered and shredded withing about 5 minutes!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
I used to but these days they just play with the empty skins, and they are just as happy with those
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Im afraid with Ossie,there really isn't much left to sew.A freind of ours bought him for Christmas one of those (supposedly)really tough rings,it lasted no more than five minutes.The only toy he hasn't completely destroyed is his Kongs which go everywhere round the house and garden with him.
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 01:53 AM
i used to but i was sewing all the time got to much so i tried chucking them + buying new ones for a bit then decided just to get harder + stronger toys mean aint i
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2007, 05:34 AM
Missy loves to pull all the stuffing out. She chews a hole in the toy then lies for ages pulling little bits out through the hole until the toy is just an empty shell. We've tried putting the stuffing back in and sewing the hole up but she just does the same all over again. She also loves to throw her toys around then pounce on them. Then she shakes it as if she's trying to kill it. (She'd be good at pest control ! ). I let her play with her toys until they're unrecognisable rags , then just buy her new ones. Oh , and she peeled a tennis ball the other day !
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:45 AM
I have done, but then discovered the soft toy baskets in the charity shops. Of course, the toys here have to be vetted - no beans in the bum, no solid eyes, and preferably must look as daft as possible!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >