Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 07:18 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread- Friday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Well would you believe it, Friday already Hope you're feeling better this morning Lynn, and Jenny I hope you haven't woken to find you're surrounded by water there It's chucking it down outside here, no change there then.

I've done my knee in now not the knee I did in last week but the other one, and I've had to ice it overnight, in order to sleep, so what with that thumb that still hurts, I now have a sore knee. Thankfully, I can walk on it, it feels like I've bashed the inside of it, but I can't stretch it coz it hurts, so I'd better get that tight, support bandage out again today. The good news is, my hips are so much better having walked on the flat for almost 2 weeks

Well, I've just let Zena out and it's cold and very wet out there, so I might leave the walking until later when it's supposed to have cleared up, and that way, the tide will be out so we can get down on the sand for a ball play. Roll on summer hey!

Zena was on and off throughout the morning yesterday, but was absolutely fine last night, so much so, that she turned into a complete loon by 8 pm! I wanted to get to grips with her trousers which had a very, thick hard matt in them, and she was soooooo good, when I told her to lie on her side, then she rolled over, opened her legs, and just laid there for me with my looooooong "waaaaaaaait" so I managed to cut out a huge chunk from her trousers, and cut all those little tangles off from underneath her, bless her heart, she was so gratefuly, she went ballistic when I said "ok" Never in a million years did I ever think I could perform any scissor surgery on this dog when she was a puppy, but I was so, so wrong.
I also read something very interesting last night when Googling about this Zantac the vet has put her on, not only can it heal ulcers, but ulcers can be the result of a hernia which Zena did have as a puppy, quite a large one, until we got her speyed and had it removed. I shall have to mention this to my vet when I next speak to him.

Anyway, hope all is well with you and the doglets, at least the week-end is on the horizon now, plus the new year celebrations if you're having any, enjoy your friday peops
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am still up, so I can be early on the thread!!!!

Just read your post H and wouldn't it be amazing if you were right and the hernia and ulcers are related... I think after all this you should become a vet!!!

Had my agility class tonight and no work tomorrow/today so watching TV...

Off to bed now and then tomorrow/today Friday we are taking the girls out for the day, to the beach, must remember to take the camera!!

Happy Friday everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Heeeeeey Debbie, morning you Fancy seeing you here, but I'm afraid there's no magic bottle at this time of day, so it's off to bed with you!!! Yes, I'm going to investigate this further and speak to my vet about it.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Morning H, Debbie and all

Take care H, you sound like you are falling to bits! Glad Zena is doing well and being cooperative with the grooming. I have never heard of ulcers and hernias being related, my Kia had a large one repaired as a pup.

Seems srange we are all surfacing and Debbie is off to bed! Have a good night.

I am taking my cousin down to Hayling Island today, my Aunt used to have a caravan there so he knows it well and enjoys visiting. I am not picking him up until this afternoon as yesterday I arrived at 10.45 and he was still in bed! He will be home tomorrow so I can have my life back. Poor dogs have taken a back seat this week.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Morning Gerry Yes, I've been falling to bits for a while now, I'm almost ready for the recycle bin Enjoy your last day out with your cousin, Hayling Island is nice, I know it quite well.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Morning, folks.

I've been up since about 4.00am, was woken by Jon scrabbling around trying to find his glasses so he could go and get a drink. They had been pilfered from his bedside table by a certain young cat...

I think I'm going to have breakfast and then go back to bed, I feel a wreck.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

I had problems getting to sleep last night as my left arm had a myoclonic jerk session, so after it had thumped me in the face for the third time I took a couple of 5mg Valium as a muscle relaxant and it behaved itself long enough for me to sleep. Luckily Pereg did not need to go out in the night for a change [yippee!] and she was still dozing when I got up for her meds this morning, so I flonked in next to her and had another 1½ hours azonk!

Lovely sun streaming through the door so I will take Pereg out for a gallop shortly.

I hope Lynn and Gorden feel much better this morning - that all poorly two and four-legged ones are well - that Jenny was not flooded - and that Rosebud was not blown away.

Enjoy Friday everyone - the weekend is acoming!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Morning all, Friday already can you believe it

Very wet and cold here today , no change there then

H, poor you hope the knee recovers , you need to take it easy.

Hope all those who are under the weather feel a little better today , stay safe and have a good one
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Good morning all,

Smiles this end as the River Thames has behaved itself and although levels are not down, they have not risen

I've just walked the dogs to the bottom of the driveway and the Bourne is anything is down a few inches .... we all know that a few inches makes a huge difference .

Helena, you poor thing For goodness sake be careful if you walk Zena or you'll come back with another limb or appendage falling apart. I hope everything feels as the day goes on.

DaisyDog - Morning I hope you have a good sleep and no doubt see you later

Gerry I hope you have a lovely time at Hayling Island - I haven't been there since I was a child.

CC - I hope you get back to sleep and feel more 'human' when you wake up.

Malka - SUN, SUN - what's that? Oooh I long to see the sun which we haven't done here for days and days.
I'm glad you managed a good sleep - it does make a huge difference.

Both dogs went out into the garden earlier and Rucksack is fine now - but he refused to have a wee I ended up taking them along them along the 20' of road that is not flooded hoping he'd go against a bush - no luck. I think he's very spooked by all the water being the sensitive flower he is. The noise of the flowing water outside is so loud and the surroundings all look so different. I'll have to wait until he goes before I can take the land rover up to my car on the heights and go and buy a paper.

I'll see you all later but not until after the funeral of my best friends ex ( ) but I hope you all have a lovely day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Hi Jackbox, have a good day - I must have been typing when you posted.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »