Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 07:34 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

My first thoughts for the day are my heartfelt sympathies to you Bev, I know how you must have felt upon waking up this morning, and I hope Charly is around for you today to help you cope and get through your tragic loss of dear Kyiro. He became so close to our hearts too, but yours must be broken.xxxx

Lynn, another day of probably not knowing just where you are with Gorden, so I hope something good happens for you today.

Hope everyone else is doing ok along with all the doglets.

Wet and miserable here today, but we can't complain after the week of sunshine we've had here. We certainly don't want what American is having atm with 3ft of snow but we usually get their leftovers a week later so better get prepared I suppose.

Nothing planned here for today, a long walk down on the beach then home for roast beef, but that'll be for lunch not breakfast. I got another booking for the van last night, it's filling up a treat, much fuller than this time last year, I have nothing now until 2nd week of June already which is brilliant.

Hope you're not working and can enjoy a nice relaxing day with the doglets
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Morning H and all and thank you H for those kind words. Everyones messages have really touched me.

After my awful and sad day yesterday I didn't sleep very well all night. It was going over and over in my head about that random nosebleed Kyiro had a few weeks ago. The vet was very concerned about it as apparently that can be a sign of a brain tumour also. I remembered also about the spots of blood I found on the quilt they lay on in the car a few weeks before that. Neither had cut themselves and I remeber being mystified as to where it come from. I wonder if he had a small noseblled that caused that. I don't suppose I will ever know. I just hope my boy is at peace and happy now.

If this rain doesn't get any worse I am going to go on a greyhound walk with Lily this morning, she will love it and it will do her good to be amongst her houndy friends and do me good as well.

Hope you all have a good day and take care.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning Bev, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend the morning, both you and Lily will have friends around you and that's what you will both need today.xxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Morning H, Bev and all

My thoughts were with you too Bev, we have all been there and know how hard it is especially as it was so sudden. At least dear Kyiro had started to get back to his enjoying his walks again and for him a blessing that it all came about so quickly.

That's good news re the van H, it must be rare to find somewhere to holiday with the dogs where the dogs are truly welcomed. Enjoy your walk and your roast beef.

I can't believe that you are going through this again Lynn with these blessed visas.

I am working this afternoon so just getting the dogs out this morning. I have to arrange to pick up a chinese rug I bought on ebay, it's only in Petersfield so may mange to fit it in today. I am the highest bidder on another which finishes today, it is too big for my little sitting room, I am not good with metric, if I win that one it will have to go in the lounge.

It was quite exciting yesterday I am responsible for the lost property at work and decided to sell anything which I think may make a few pennies for the park (we keep things for at least 3 months, we only have to keep them for one) anything I think is too valuable I hand over to the manager, we sold something on ebay which finished yesterday and it made £93! Woohoo. I am easily pleased lol.

I hope you all have a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Good morning Helena, Bev and all who arrive later.

Bev, words are never good enough when you lose a precious family member, but I think you know that we are all thinking of you and, you know, Kyiro was part of our family too as we'd come to know him so well through his trials and tribulations. I'm sure that Lily will be a great comfort to you now and Kyiro would want you to shower her with love at this time.

Good news on the van booking front, Helena. Those bookings should definitely keep the wolf from the door if you don't spend all the cash over at Dunhelm's . I'm not a Dunhelm fan mainly because I'm not a curtains and bed cover fan. I only have one pair of curtains in the entire bungalow and I let Dave talk me into those because he had it in his head that if we made the bedroom darker in the mornings, Rosie would sleep longer. Didn't work, of course, but now I'm stuck with those damned curtains. I like me blinds . As for bedroom bits, I'm a cheap and cheerful type a gal. Like carpets, I buy cheap and change often.

I can't believe that yet another visa cock-up is likely to cost Gorden the chance of earning again, Lynn. It must be very unsettling for you both when things get sorted and he sets off on his travels knowing that the first bit started out wrong. It's such a shame that this one looks like being cancelled though because I know you were looking forward to the money it would bring in. His luck has to change, you know, and we're coming up to spring - a time of new life and new beginnings so maybe this will work out for the best and that dream job will be there for him here at home, where he belongs

Dave bought a lawn rake/scarifier yesterday off Ebay so we're off to pick that up today from Mablethorpe which is only 7 miles down the road. From there, we'll probably head back into Skeg for a breakfast and our usual walk.

Tomorrow we have to take Gary's laptop into the computer shop as the hard drive has gone down. He doesn't know if he wants to pay for it to be repaired or go and get a new one. If he decides new one then we'll pay for the old one to be repaired and I'll use it as mine is slowly dying - talk about second-hand Rose . I also need to have a look in Poundland today. I need some sort of plastic container that I can put Rosie's Wafcol in. I have bought a 12 kg bag now that I know it suits her and looks to be doing the trick, but my tiny kitchen is a cupboard short of being able to store the big bag in there so it is in the hall cupboard. I need the container so that I can fill it and keep it in the kitchen to save messing about too much every meal time. I'm sure I'll find something.

Can't really tell what the weather has in store for us today. It has rained during the night, but isn't now. They think we'll have some snow tonight, but they're not sure as it might not get this far over. I'm hoping it doesn't.

As we're going early, I'd better get my backside into gear and go and have a shower.

Have a good day all and stay safe xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Morning Helena, morning everyone.
(((Hugs))) Bev I think the walk today will do you and Lily good.
Thanks Helena and all but Gorden will know nothing now till tomorrow he can only think maybe the chap that is ill and meant to be going today is Nigerian and so didn't need a visa and that it is why it causing so much trouble plus the fact this Nigerian lady doesn't seem to realise the need for one and thinks the people here should be doing the work which they can't as they cannot fill in the form to apply.
He is now losing sleep over it because we go one step forwards and ten steps back.
Plus he cannot get his head round how people in charge of these things seem to know so little and do no research.
You can't help yourself even if you try.
Wet here today so it will be road walking for us not the field even at the top as it was getting very soggy yesterday.
I got a chicken out of the freezer last night so I may well do a roast chicken dinner today.
I am sending get well wishes to all who feel under the weather today. Human or dog.
That's a lovely picture of Keshi June she is a beautiful girl.
Enjoy your day everyone and take care.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Good morning to all. Sorry to hear about anyone who has problems and worries right now and thinking especially about Madmare today.

Just returned from our walk where Bella enjoyed the company of a little Pekingnese and a CKCS (a quite huge one). Was very proud of the little minx as she displayed her mastery at the stay, stop and ELLA! (that's come here in Greek - I like it because it rhymes with BELLA so it's Ella Bella!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Morning Helena, Morning All

Bev, my thoughts are with you and Lily after such a terrible day yesterday.xx

The plasterer has finished in the lounge now so we can start moving things back again and get the decorating done in there.

Have a good day all
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Good morning fellow members I didn't go far with Chloe on our morning walk . It is such a miserable morning, wet, dark and cold.

The heating has decided to come on so as the kitchen is above freezing I am making some bread rolls and the dough is now rising I hope.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you decide to do...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Morning all and what a morning, pouring with rain, Pepsi won't be going out for a little while.

Bev I can only join everyone in their thoughts for you, no words will ever make anything any better.

Lynn I know how these visas can be a pain, my son travels regularly and often has similar problems.

I hope Mini hasn't had anymore strange noises last night and I hope that Jenny has a better walk without being bothered by those Greyhounds today.

Lunch for 8 today but I will be in and out.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »