Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
I flew with a pup a few years ago but only from the UK to Ireland. I used Aer Arran and they were excellent. I was allowed to use my own crate which was just a normal crate. The only restrictions were that he could stand up and turn around comfortably.

I was really happy with the airline and they let me stay with my pup until last minute before they took him from me. I only had to go through check in just in time to board.
That sounds good! I've read that some airlines let the pet under your seat if it's small enough in it's crate, so I may well be shoving the cat under there if they let me!!
Sadly I won't be taking the goldfish!!
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
That sounds good! I've read that some airlines let the pet under your seat if it's small enough in it's crate, so I may well be shoving the cat under there if they let me!!
Sadly I won't be taking the goldfish!!
Torin was in the passenger area but behind a curtain. It was really funny as I was last to board and everyone was staring at me as I walked onto the plane to very loud howling shock:

He was quiet the whole flight though and perfectly settled and happy when we landed
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
Torin was in the passenger area but behind a curtain. It was really funny as I was last to board and everyone was staring at me as I walked onto the plane to very loud howling shock:

He was quiet the whole flight though and perfectly settled and happy when we landed
ah bless him - I wish I could take Tilly in the passenger area - she would be a good girl I Hate to think of her in the hold - I'd be telling everyone to sushh whist I put my ear on the floor to see if I can hear her crying!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Well Tilly's would have to be fairly big even though she's a medium sized dog, they are very strict about the regulations of how much room they have like Moon's mum said. I did notice on the doggie solutions site that they do wheels for them to go on - that's a relief!!

I would happily get in the crate & fly in the hold with her if they would let me!!
Just as well they do wheels!

It's good that they are strict though, as not everyone is as caring as us!

The crate our relative has got is like a massive cat crate, for want of a better description. It's solid plastic with vents at the sides and a metal grid door at the front. Don't know where she got it, mind you.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Just as well they do wheels!

It's good that they are strict though, as not everyone is as caring as us!

The crate our relative has got is like a massive cat crate, for want of a better description. It's solid plastic with vents at the sides and a metal grid door at the front. Don't know where she got it, mind you.
yes that sounds like the ones that Lisa gave me a link too, they come in all sizes.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry, just got that link to work! The crate is like the ones in the link.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I have one going spare if you want it? It's airline approved and in perfect condition, although it is about 5 years old.

We were going to use it for Woody when we went to Canada but obviously now we won't need it. Bloody good job too as he was scared enough on the ferry, I think the sounds inside an airplane would have driven him mental!

Let me know if you want it and we'll discuss collection/delivery.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I have one going spare if you want it? It's airline approved and in perfect condition, although it is about 5 years old.

We were going to use it for Woody when we went to Canada but obviously now we won't need it. Bloody good job too as he was scared enough on the ferry, I think the sounds inside an airplane would have driven him mental!

Let me know if you want it and we'll discuss collection/delivery.
Thanks Pidge - it won't be for a while - at least a year (the 5 year plan is in it's 10th year now) but we are determind to get there somehow! I'm even trying to learn the language, for the 3rd time!! Are you not going to Canada now then?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks Pidge - it won't be for a while - at least a year (the 5 year plan is in it's 10th year now) but we are determind to get there somehow! I'm even trying to learn the language, for the 3rd time!! Are you not going to Canada now then?
OK, let me know nearer the time if you still want to have a look.

No, we dropped that about a year ago deciding it was not going to be the place for us after all. We're both really loving England at the moment and it's so dog friendly it really suits our life style ;o)
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
OK, let me know nearer the time if you still want to have a look.

No, we dropped that about a year ago deciding it was not going to be the place for us after all. We're both really loving England at the moment and it's so dog friendly it really suits our life style ;o)
That's nice - you do seem to get about with Woody
The part of Spain we are going to has lots of "handbag" dogs on the prom of an evening! I'm hoping Tilly will adjust to the heat - but we will have a swimming pool she can swim in & no doubt her walks will be at stupid o'clock when it's cool
There's loads of stray cats though!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >