Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 04:52 PM

Make-up - is this weird?

Apparantly I'm quite strange (so the ladies at work tell me) as I don't wear or own any make-up...

I didn't think it was that much of a big deal, but we were having a chin-wag the other day and people couldn't believe I don't even own any make up, much less not wear any to work etc. Most of the ladies/girls wouldn't dream of even stepping out of the house without it on, nevermind coming to work with a bare face!

I'm 27, so suppose I'm of an age where people expect you to wear make up for work/going out etc.

I used to have some for going out etc, but threw it out last year, as it was quite old and I hadn't used it in ages. Plus, I'm so fair skinned that it always looked very obvious that I was wearing make-up.

TBH I can't be bothered to spend the time putting it on (especially before work in a morning!) or taking it off at night. I barely have time to do my hair!
We don't really go out that much, so it's not like I have to wear it then either...

Is it weird not to have or wear make-up?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm with you on that one - I do have a small amount of make-up, but only wear it about once a year (if that).

I suppose as my mum never really wore any (apart from lipstick) and I have all brothers and no sisters, I was never strongly influenced to wear it.

I once worked with a lady who got up at 4.30 every morning so that she had time to put on her make up before catching a train at 6.45. That to me is just maddness.
(the fact that I get up at 5 am every day to walk the dogs is, on the other hand, completely rational )
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Can I join the make up free club too? We can all be weird together!
Becky
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't wear or own any make up, so I don't think it's weird, I used to when I was a lot younger, but not know, I think I'm still rebelling against my first husband who insisted I put it on with a trowl to at least make myself look halfway decent, he was lovely man, not
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
(the fact that I get up at 5 am every day to walk the dogs is, on the other hand, completely rational )
Exactly... by the time I've got up, walked the dogs, fed/watered the chickens and the rabbit, fed the dogs, fed myself, there's barely time to get changed, never mind slap a face full of make up on!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Your not alone. Michelle doesn't wear any either.

That said I think she put some stuff on her eye lashes Saturday night when we went out, but don't ask me what it was.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 05:18 PM
What is the point??

I spend most of my life up to my knees is horse s**t, or dog s**t...
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I agree. Consequently, I have perfect skin and I am in my 50's.
Why smear chemicals on your face? Then pay another rip-off price to get it off again? It all seems a bit pointless to me!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
What is the point??

I spend most of my life up to my knees is horse s**t, or dog s**t...
Me too which is why I don't wear any.
I'll just add up to my knees in mud and soaked through to that as well though

My daughter wears enough for both of us anyway
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 05:35 PM
I spend time without it but do wear abit to work (once a week). I would not dream of going out without it though if eating out or meeting freinds for a meal.I am contradictory.I have started wearing a good moisturiser with spf though since being outside more with Fudge.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »