Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2013, 05:58 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Saturday.

Morning everyone. Not so early today and as far as I can see no spelling mistakes.

I am hoping Helena you are feeling much much better today and are able to enjoy your weekend with Dave.
I hope everyone else is feeling better today too.
Lynne I hope the mouth is feeling less sore today.

Today we are off to see this bungalow and then Monday Gorden will ring the solicitor if we decide we want to go ahead. He has some money towards searches but not enough so hopefully he will agree to do them with what he has and we will pay the difference at the end of the month when Gorden at last gets a decent pay packet.
We are just about keeping body and soul together now what with train fares and petrol needed for Gorden to get to the station everyday. So fingers crossed.

Its raining here and very wet but I am hoping it will dry up before taking Dillon out.

Take care everyone and enjoy your Saturday.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone!

Had a rotten day today... that is until I got home and got invited by Mouse's choice for a new roommate to go play cards with her and her friend... we played a rousing game of 10's and I got my butt whipped, but got a couple of beers and cheered me up, so a good ending for a Friday the 13th.

Been sooo hot and supposed to be hot all weekend... I'm talking in the 30's... good for harvest, but I'm starting to wilt.

I'm taking it easy tomorrow... well today now. I've had a very busy week with no end in sight.

Hopefully I'll fall right to sleep with the beer in me!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Morning Sara well good evening where you are. I hope I have that right.
Sorry to hear you had a rotten day, I am glad the evening was better. Hopefully you get a good nights sleep and tomorrow is a better day.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Yup Lynn, I'm 7 hours behind you... so it's 12:30am now. The goof balls and I are just settling in to bed now

I gotta say, its rare in September, to sit outside 'till midnight in a t-shirt and not be chattering teeth! So I really shouldn't complain about the heat! Especially since it's pouring where you are...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Night sleep tight.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Morning

Good luck with the viewing Lynn. Fingers crossed!

I hadn't realised it was Friday 13th Sara!

Wet here and although I could have had a wee lie in - I can't sleep! I'm really tired but I just can't stay in bed, so here I am.

Have a good day everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 06:32 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone Night night to Sara

I'm feeling almost human again today and I luff my new teef! So, so comfortable too, just like a 2nd skin, and I spent an hour on the phone to our Jenny last night, laughing a lot and they never fell out once, so they've had a good road test on the laughter front

Still can't eat properly of course, but that'll all come in time when the gums have healed up. I can eat cake though, so when in Asda yesterday morning I was looking at the speshull birthday cakes cos I missed my birthday this week, and I just couldn't decide whether to buy the yellow giant cupcake or the chocolate one Dave doesn't eat chocklit, but I don't particularly like the plain jam one, so that only left me with the option of buying them both, so I did We had a great party last night with a cuppa tea and managed half the plain one, and today I shall dig into that choklit one. Oh the joys of having yer teef out hey, lots of cake involved

Dave's coming up to the van with me today cos I only have the one van to do, the people in the smaller van are in there 2 weeks and will do theirs themselves they said.

Zena is very very itchy on her back, and she's never, ever scratched all her life. This is ever since I did a Stronghold spot on, on the 1st September, so if I feel up to it, I'm putting her in the shower later and giving her a reall good shampoo with some tea tree. Either that or a flea shampoo, haven't decided which yet? Her skin looks lovely and white, can't see anything under that thick fur anywhere, but she's really scratching and I just don't know why.

Lynn, I'm really excited for you today with the viewing, and we will have everything crossed that you'll be leaping around with excitement on your return. I really hope it's as good as it looks and you won't be disappointed cos of their stupid camera shots they do, but I doubt that, cos you have the sizes don't you and it's looking sooooooo good that one.xxx

Jenny, lovely to chat to you yesterday, I could have chatted all night. I was thinking, when the vans empty out soon, you can come down for the week-end on me with Polly maybe, and we can go on a walk? Pity your o/h does it all the other way around to Dave with the disappearing act isn't it, but Dave won't mind if I disappear here and there over a week-end.

Pat, it's no good trying to be superwoman if you can't stay the course, and it seems you're slipping back into your old ways of the "not" doing instead of the doing . Is that cos I haven't been around to inspire you lately??? Just be warned, I'll be back in that fast lane again by the end of next week so watch out

Bev, hope you're still in heaven up there and enjoying your new jobs.

Jen, I see you've left the sick bay was it something I said? Hopefully it's cos you're all better now with a little bit of help from June and her custard do'nuts.

June, I refuse to move my big bed outta here until I'm all better Anyways, it's always good to have somewhere for all the visitors to sit when they come in with all the goodie bags isn't it. That way I can steal some of it before they hand it over

Thanks to all of you who have thought of me day in day out in this thread, it really does make me feel a lot better knowing I'm missed, it's a real tonic.xxx

Enjoy the week-end everyone, I might scare you with a piccie of my new smile next week
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning Linda sorry you are still having trouble sleeping.
Do you manage a nanny nap during the day ? Might be difficult with the children though and having play school and school runs to do.
Here's hoping you manage one today while OH is around.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Morning Helena. So good to hear you sounding more like your old self. Oooohhhh maybe I shouldn't of said old.
You eat as much cake as you like but it will pile those pounds back on you lost. But at this point I don't suppose you care as long as you can eat something.
Its handy you have Dave today to help with the van.
We will eagerly await pictures of the new teef.
Do they look something like this ?
Ducks and then runs.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

It's not raining yet so I managed at least to get the dogs in the garden where all the necessary was done If its still not raining by 8 I'll whizz them out for a quick walk 'cos although Polly is coming at 10 to walk the dogs with me I think the rain will have set in by then. I didn't sleep brilliantly which was very annoying as I had the whole bed to myself but then I was woken at 5.40 hearing voices and an engine going. It was our direct neighbour, but I shouldn't moan as they've taken a huge house-boat that they've been doing up at the end of their garden down to its new mooring in London somewhere. I assume they had to leave early to catch the tide at Teddington. The upside of it is that we get our view up-river back for the first time in nearly 3 years My OH will be so pleased.

Lynn - I hope the you get a break in the rain long enough to get Dillon out before you head off to look at your prospective new home If you like it in this vile weather you will love it in the sun. I think its always a good idea to view a house in poor weather as you see it at its worse. Safe journey and I look forward to hearing your reaction when you get back. ((hugs)).
Sara - Sorry you had a bad day but that it improved in the evening. Night, night and sleep tight.
L.S. - Sorry you didn't sleep well . Maybe you can snatch a nap later if your kids allow.
Helena - A lovely surprise to see you in here this morning. Hopefully everything can only get better and better now Take it easy at the van this morning and no getting your BP up. Enjoy the rest of those cup-cakes and your weekend. We'll all be waiting for a photo of a cheesy smile

If anyone else has snuck in while I'm typing ..... Hi to you too. Here's hoping all the poorly people and dogs are feeling better today.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »