Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 07:37 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all of Dogsey

Well, it's the week-end at last, not that it makes any difference to me, except there'll be more people about. Dry and calm here, but that could be the lull of course.

Sorry you had such shocking news last night Lynn, it won't be easy going to a funeral of somebody who is younger or the same as as you I know that, I've been to a few myself

Hope Rosie had a good night without discomfort or pacing, and I hope Tai has got through another night for Nikki and is on the mend.

Nothing much on today, walking down on the sand, off to get some bits from Sainsbury's (oh dear, Dunelms is directly opposite ) and a chicken to roast for lunch, couldn't be better. I'm hoping Dave can do a bit more snagging here whilst I'm out. He made a brilliant job of my shower yesterday around the bottom, repaired the window in the bootroom where we took the tiles off half way down, it's looking like a proper window now, and finished off the kitchen floor at the bottom of my cupboard. It makes such a difference when you do all those little finishing off jobs, an they've been niggling me now for months, but all finished now apart from the floor edging in the utility, so hopefully, he'll do that today.

Bev I hope Kyiro is still fine on his foot. Jennyg hope you haven't got a hangover this morning and you know what you've gotta face today don'tcha (I saw the pic!). June I hope you got the best night's sleep for many weeks and Norma I hope it isn't today that Cruella (aka sil) is arriving on your doorstep but I think it's tomorrow.

Hope you have a good Saturday whatever you're up to
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Good morning all

In a hurry as I'm finally going over to see my mum and have to get off soon.

Rosie had a fantastic night and I think I may have hit on one cause, but I ain't going to jinx it just yet.

Have a good 'un all x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Good news Chris, tell us further on down the road won't you, I'd be interested myself if it could help Zena too. Enjoy your visit to your mum.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 07:44 AM
MORNING>>>> well nite nite actually - just off to bed!! but at last I made it to the beginning of a thread!! they get so long by the time I have caught up it is night again!! it is a constant cycle of morning and night...

ha ha... I haven't been on the magic bottle, promise!!

H - loved your curtain pics yesterday, they are lovely! well been sat here all night creating, made a gorgeous necklace and some brooch pins that have turned out lovely, might keep them

Off to bed, hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday, I think we might venture to the beach at some point this weekend, will try to remember to take the camera.

Nitey nite x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi Debbie You're getting soooo busy with that lovely jewellery making now aren't you, it's really taken off, no wonder we don't see you much on here, so nice that you made it before going off to bed. Night night Deb, sleep tight.xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Morning H and all,

Cold and dry here and I managed 4hrs sleep last night so that was an improvement. Just got back from a nice walk with the dogs. We bumped into Lily's boyfriend a lovely big black greyhound we see sometimes. As soon as she saw him she started whining and trying to get to him. Kyiro hadn't met him before as Jensen is a fairly new kid on the block so with Kyiro not having walks the past 3 months this was someone new to him. I think he approved of lilys friend though, although he doesn't show that much interest.

When I was down the range the other day I noticed they had a couple of Vax carpet washers reduced to £50. I was telling my mum yesterday so she gave me the money and said get one if they still have them as I can do her carpets and mine as and when they need it. So I will be off down there this morning to see if they have any left. Also a trip to the vets to pay off what I owe now the rest of the insurance money has come through for Kyiro's bill.

Kyiro is still doing well. Only real problem he had was when he tried to have a scratch with that foot. The only toe left to scratch with is the dilocated one so he was yelping as he was scratching. It didn't occur to him to stop scratching to stop it hurting so I had to intervene

Lynn sorry to hear your very sad news, my thoughts are with your friends family.
H, I hope all stays calm for you.
Chris glad to hear Rosie had a good night

Take care all and have a good day.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Morning Helena,morning all,

Dry and cold here with a frost this morning,
Luke was up before me this morning,made O/H a coffee,let the dogs out and gave them there breakfast

Need to pop to Tesco in a bit for some veggies and bits & pieces,nothing else planned,have the usual laundry to do,school uniforms and Lizzie's lab coats.

Have a good day all x
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Morning Helena/all
Hope all dog a peeps had a restfull nite and on the mend
Dogs out had breakfast an gone back to bed
Frosty here so hope in for a dry day
Up at 5am ironing done big pot of scotch broth on the go
Off to m/s shopping as its D DAY tomorrow (only the best good enough for the QUEEN )
Have a good day all stay safe don't do anything I wouldn't do
)
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Morning Helena, Chris, DaisyD, Bev, Sal, Norma and all fellow members,

Happy DaysI haven't got a hangover

Helena - Excellent news that Dave is getting some of those really annoying little jobs done - it makes such a difference. My Mum was on remarkably good form when I went on Thursday, sorry I forgot to comment on your question. Lots of funny moments but I'll add them on to the 'tales of Mum' saga when I visit on Tuesday and stay for lunch with her .

Chris - I hope your visit to see your Mum goes well. Fab news about Rosie - everything crossed that your suspicions are correct

DaisyD - You have probably gone off to bed by now, if not its nice to see you and have a good sleep.

Bev -Still only 4 hours sleep!! Not enough, so I really hope you get a nap later.((hugs)). It is so lovely to hear about your dog walks now that they are possible again for Kyiro as well.

Sal - Morning.

Norma - OMG what an early start. Preparation, preparation, preparation ..... I hope the queen appreciates it.

A friend is coming round this morning to walk the dogs with me. I love her to bits, but she isn't very good and walking and talking at the same time So the walks are usually really slow Also I usually have to lend her some walking shoes as she lives in heals

OH out most of the day and tonight
Have a good one and see you all later.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Morning all, it seems as soon as my head hit the pillow I was awake again. Dogs were barking in the night as some wildlife was making a heck of a racket. I was too lazy to investigate though.

It's cold here but at least dry with some blue sky.

Jenny G I know what you mean, my mum used to love walking with me and the dogs but she dawdled and I'm a fast walker.

Helena, I should've given you my curtain order for Dunelm at those prices. I want the eyelet type for my bedroom as when my OH opens and closes the curtains he almost has them off their hooks and the pencil pleats aren't anymore!

Well joy o joy I'm back in the eaves cupboard again today as my back bedroom has as much stuff in it as in those photos yesterday. I've got visitors arriving soon so must get it finished.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday and there are no mishaps dog-wise.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »