Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 10:30 AM

Wart

My 7 year old son has had a wart on his finger for well over a year now. We have removed it twice with Bazucca and recently tried the maximum 3 applications of Wartner (£12 ) - the wart will not go away.

I just went to the doctors to make an appointment, to be told they do not treat warts anymore, over the counter remedies are as good as anything.:smt104

I don't want to use Wartner anymore as although Greg is very good, it is painful. I think we will use Bazucca again as it did make it go, for a while at least.

Has anyone got any other ideas?:smt100
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 10:35 AM
My son used to have a large wart on his finger when he was about the same age and my sister recommended something from the chemist and it was brilliant and cleared it up right away but can't remember what it was called - it might have been the wartner one, I will have to ask her. He had had this wart for ages though and I think he was meant to be attending the wart clinic when it just disappeared after a few applications of whatever it was.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Rub the wart with the inside of a broad bean pod. Bury the pod. As the pod rots so will the wart disappear.

An old wives remedy, but I have seen it work. Coincidence??
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks both!

Don't use broad beans, but if I see some I may give it a go!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 06:46 PM
its probably the absolute worst advice you will get however my Oh had a wart on his thumb for ages and ages and ended up putting cement powder on it as was working with it one day and it leterally cleared the wart within in a few days and it never returned.

think its the lime in it so really not ideal especially on a kid - but it worked !!!
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2006, 06:54 PM
hey have you tried that new thing by Scholl call something freeze, you can get it at Boots and it costs £11 (usually with the foot care and scholl stuff). Its a smallish box containing a small canister with that nitrogen stuff in (can you tell i was crap at chemsitry!!!) and its got 14 attachabel nozzle things that look like cotton ear buds, this means that you cn get rid of up to 14 warts!!! lucky you!! its dead easy to use, the only thing is it does hurt a bit and stings but does work, you usually have to wait bout 2 weeks and it gradually gets smaller and smaller until its gone! hurray!
hope that helps
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lolo
hey have you tried that new thing by Scholl call something freeze, you can get it at Boots and it costs £11 (usually with the foot care and scholl stuff). Its a smallish box containing a small canister with that nitrogen stuff in (can you tell i was crap at chemsitry!!!) and its got 14 attachabel nozzle things that look like cotton ear buds, this means that you cn get rid of up to 14 warts!!! lucky you!! its dead easy to use, the only thing is it does hurt a bit and stings but does work, you usually have to wait bout 2 weeks and it gradually gets smaller and smaller until its gone! hurray!
hope that helps
Sounds like Wartner (not sure who makes it) - used it 3 times, and it hasn't gone. It hurts too, stings a lot he says and being only 7 years old I am not going to do it again, you are only supposed to do it 3 times on one wart anyway.

Thankyou though, the posts are lovely!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 07:35 PM
i had one on my finger and i went to the health food shop and got some "thuja" i had tried everything else and agree the wartner is crap as is bazuka,the thuja really worked you can buy it at boots as well in with there alternative therapies
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Thankyou Griff, I will look into that!
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-07-2006, 07:59 PM
i er picked mine off
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >