Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Boswellia...

Found this in a magazine...might be of use to someone with Arthritic dogs...

Here are the Boswellia details http://www.solgar-vitamins.co.uk/pro...sp?prodid=4114
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow, that sounds almost too good to be true.

It's certainly something worth trying if need be. How interesting, thanks for posting that.

Dawn R.
jaidenC
New Member!
Female 

21-04-2014, 05:11 PM
hi i know it was a long tim e since this was posted but i was wondering if anyone has tried this?do does anyone know of any other threads where this has been discussed
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by jaidenC View Post
hi i know it was a long tim e since this was posted but i was wondering if anyone has tried this?do does anyone know of any other threads where this has been discussed
Boswellia has been mentioned but not discussed on the following threads [as highlighted on the relevant post on each thread]:

New here (spinal spondylosis )

Canine spondylosis

Yumove

Using Glucosamine to Prevent Canine Osteoarthritis

Mobile Bones Glucosamine Suppliment from Pooch Mutt

Recommend natural remedies for arthritis

Has anyone any knowledge on a herbal antiinflamatory

I have not tried it and the link to Solgar does not show the product on a search. It is still available however if I were to try it I would use the Source Naturals Boswellia Extract over the Solgar product.

Sorry I cannot be of any more help but as I say, I have not tried it.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 08:41 PM
My boy has a sore shoulder now and again (old damage) if he's been tearing about in heavy going. Most recent he did it again in January. Lead exercise no stairs and rest helped but it was taking its time so after some research I bought some turmeric & boswelia capsules with the pepper extract and I think it has helped his recovery and his movement all round seems looser as we'll.
Joytotheworld
New Member!
Female 

23-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Hi There

I tried this for a few weeks with my GSD/rottie x. He is 8.5 yrs old, and has a very bad arthritis in one of his elbows. To be honest, I cant say that this made any difference, but my guy is on the upper end of the scale. I had read a good report on it in some magazine, and thought it was worth a shot. The person who wrote the article said it made a difference to her dog within a few days... I think its worth a shot...