Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 11:30 AM

One lucky mouse !!!

Just been mowing down the 2ft high nettles in the paddock We have a large petrol mower with metal blades tbh it's quite scary!!! but it does the job well, we started over the weekend as it was nice but we didn't quite finish before the rain came in yesterday.

So I decided to finish it today, I was mowing away when something hit my leg, landed on the ground and set off sqeaking It was a tiny, weeny, baby field mouse Still alive and not a mark on it - It must have dodged the blades and come out the back of the mower. I picked it up as the dogs were straight in at the squeaking and it grabbed my thumb and started trying to suckle - awwwww bless it - luckily i had gloves on so I've popped it back in some nettles close to where it went on it's rollercoaster ride.

I do hope mum finds it How lucky is that though
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Very lucky mouse from my experience not nice hearing an animal under one of those things - frogs are the worse - used to make me cry