Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 01:29 PM

Helping Rocky the deaf Rotti to Hear.

Rocky is a 5 year old rotti at my local rescue centre.

He is deaf, but the vets can perform an operation to create 'ear holes' just below his ears which will enable him to hear.

The downside is that the op is going to cost £500, which the rescue centre just doesn't have.

They have started a 'help Rocky hear' campaign. I know very few people will have money to spare, particularly at this time of year, but I thought I would post the details just in case anyone is able to make a donation, no matter how small.

Cheques should be sent to:

Arthurshiel Rescue Centre
St Boswells
Borders Region
Scotland
TD6 0DL

With a note enclosed 'for Rocky'.

the centre doesn't have a paypal account, but if anyone would prefer to donate that way, I can do it through my own account - pm me for the details.

If we should manage to raise more than the £500 needed, any excess will be spent looking after Rocky and the other dogs at the centre who are waiting for their forever homes.

Not a very good photo, but this is Rocky. He is such a sweetie.

Hopefully Rocky will be looking for his forever home in due course.

Thanks for reading.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 01:33 PM
awe the wee man.......... I will either send something off or get dougie to pay pal you............. bless rockys wee bum, I hope it all works out for him..... do you have anymore details on him,... I do know of someone looking for an older rottie....... if it were THE dog for him, im sure he would be happy to foot the bill..
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi Fiona

My cheque will be posted by Monday not a great big donation but every little helps.

I wish Rocky all the best for the forthcoming op and the Rescue Centre and Rocky and all the other dogs Merry Christmas and hope New Year brings forever homes,

Love From Eunice and The Gang xxxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe the wee man.......... I will either send something off or get dougie to pay pal you............. bless rockys wee bum, I hope it all works out for him..... do you have anymore details on him,... I do know of someone looking for an older rottie....... if it were THE dog for him, im sure he would be happy to foot the bill..
I'll try and get some more background for you Shona, though I suspect they won't have any details regarding who the breeder was etc.

I've met him twice - this week and last week. In his kennel, he's very quiet. He's either curled up in his bed or sits staring out the window. I don't think he'd been taught much wherever he was previously - for example, he doesn't understand hand signals to go to his bed (or maybe i'm just not doing the right ones!) and he is a little strong on the lead. But he will sit for a treat and seems very bright and attentitive, as well as gentle.

I didn't walk him this week as it was pouring with rain and as last week was the first time I'd taken him out, I didn't walk Stumpy with him. So I don't know for sure how he is with other dogs, but last week when walking him past the other kennels, he showed interest in the other dogs, but no aggression.

Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Hi Fiona

My cheque will be posted by Monday not a great big donation but every little helps.

I wish Rocky all the best for the forthcoming op and the Rescue Centre and Rocky and all the other dogs Merry Christmas and hope New Year brings forever homes,

Love From Eunice and The Gang xxxxxx
Bless you Eunice & Shona you've both got me welled up.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Aw poor Rocky. Would be great if Shonas friend could give a forever home. Hali pm me your paypal, I can't give much at all, but will give a little and hope it helps.

Good Luck Rocky xxx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Cheque posted off Fiona only wrote this to bump the thread to top again.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 07:28 PM
though I suspect they won't have any details regarding who the breeder was etc.
thats not a problem, its more details such as what type of home he would be best suited to, how he is with dogs and kids and stuff like that x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Done!

I know this is in fundraising section, but what about changing tiotle to Please help Rocky the Deaf Rotti to hear again????

Maybe more people would read it? Just a thought, well done you for helping x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Done!

I know this is in fundraising section, but what about changing tiotle to Please help Rocky the Deaf Rotti to hear again????

Maybe more people would read it? Just a thought, well done you for helping x
what a great idea x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 02:25 PM
dougie came back from his mums last night with a black bag full of books...................so if there is any intrest on her for them.... be it one or more.. I will list the books....... people can donate what they offer + postage for them to the rocky fund and I will pay the postage from this end..so rocky gets the donations and the postal cost if that makes sense
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >