Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 09:48 AM

Penny....Staffordshire Bull Terrier....

Posting this for a friend...if you can help please pm me....

I good friend and neighbour of mine has a 6 year old staffy and is moving to New Zealand. Have been trying to help him find a good home for her. Thought we had but it all fell through when the prospective new owners went and got themselves a puppy. Penny is a lovely dog, well mannered and well behaved.
I have been seriously thinking about taking her on myself, problems are 1) G says he isnt a dog person. 2) Penny may chase the cats, would it be fair after we have got Eva this far? 3) Would it be fair to G if I had house sitting jobs on that I couldnt take her with me?
I already know the answers to those questions but wondering if any one had any ideas or suggestions as to how I could work around those.
The owner is getting a little anxious and desperate now as his fiance has been over there since November last year and is becoming very impatient waiting for him. He loves his dog dearly and doesnt want to go before knowing that Penny will be ok.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
Posting this for a friend...if you can help please pm me....

I good friend and neighbour of mine has a 6 year old staffy and is moving to New Zealand. Have been trying to help him find a good home for her. Thought we had but it all fell through when the prospective new owners went and got themselves a puppy. Penny is a lovely dog, well mannered and well behaved.
I have been seriously thinking about taking her on myself, problems are 1) G says he isnt a dog person. 2) Penny may chase the cats, would it be fair after we have got Eva this far? 3) Would it be fair to G if I had house sitting jobs on that I couldnt take her with me?
I already know the answers to those questions but wondering if any one had any ideas or suggestions as to how I could work around those.
The owner is getting a little anxious and desperate now as his fiance has been over there since November last year and is becoming very impatient waiting for him. He loves his dog dearly and doesnt want to go before knowing that Penny will be ok.
Is there no way he can take her with him??

Hope a solution comes soon for them both.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 10:11 AM
HI Moli,
Have you considered contacting staffie rescue - even if you were willing to take Penny on as a foster until rescue could place her ?

if you want a number for someone up your way i can pm you?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 10:38 AM
What a dilemma. Hope Penny finds a new home. I'm curious about why she's not going too.......?
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
HI Moli,
Have you considered contacting staffie rescue - even if you were willing to take Penny on as a foster until rescue could place her ?

if you want a number for someone up your way i can pm you?
I could not take her Dani, I have 3 bitches and 5 cats, plus foster kittens for the CP, so kinda full at the mo...
If you could pm me someone up here would be great, although they have tried some rescues and they are full at the mo...
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
What a dilemma. Hope Penny finds a new home. I'm curious about why she's not going too.......?
TBH do not know, but will ask....
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-03-2009, 12:23 PM
pet passport?