View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2009, 11:03 PM

Help Please

Just Hope that someone will be able to help, here is the story....

Just before Christmas my youngest son and his girlfriend moved into another house with a large enclosed garden, and he said to me he wanted to get a dog. He wanted to re-home one if at all possible, so I asked around and he was more or less decided on the one he wanted, when he came across a lab or lab x (we are not sure which). This poor thing was only young, and the people who had it were just up the road from him, had got 'fed up of it' apparently and were leaving the front door open in the hope it would wander off, the inevitable happened and it got knocked down, at that stage it was taken in by a neighbour, and he heard about him, went to see him and took him home. Apart from him eating one of my son's trainers and other puppy type things everything seemed to be going ok. Until today when he got in touch with me to say his girlfriend wanted the dog to go. Apparently she is not used to dogs and had agreed to him having one to please him (I was fuming at this, and told him he should tell HER to go). I was in tears because this poor little pup has had an absolutely dreadful life, and now it is about to change homes again. I have had words with my son about his girlfriend's attitude, and actually said to him well I hope she never has any children, because she may get fed up of them too and then what will you do. I am disgusted with her to say the least. Please can anyone in the Bradford/Huddersfield area help find this poor little chap a home???
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Hi,

So sorry for this little pup. What on earth happened for the dog to be fine since before Christmas and suddenly it has to go?!
Is there no way you could take him, even temporarily? At least the pup would be away from your Son's girlfriend.

I hope he finds his new forever home soon.

Laura xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear this - I can't offer any practical help, but wanted to offer my support. I can understand how angry you are.

Hope the pup finds a forever home soon xxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 08:28 AM
I am so sorry for your distress for this poor puppy, I hope it all works out for him. I would be fuming with the girlfriend as well.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 09:10 AM
So sorry for the predicament you asnd the pup find themselves in. Let's hope it finds a forever home soon.
CloClo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2009, 09:17 AM
The poor thing. Tell the girlfriend to go!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Just been talking to youngest son. He has found him a home with a lady who is in most of the day and can spend time with him. I suspect the reason the girlfriend didn't want him was because he was doing the normal puppy type things. I am just totally disgusted by the whole scenario, my son knows my feelings on it, the girlfriend is no longer welcome here. The number of relationships I have finished because of my animals must go into double figures by now, if someone hasn't got a big enough heart to include them I I don't want to know them at all. He just said to me 'not everyone wants to be Dr. Dolittle, Mum'
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
the people who had it were just up the road from him, had got 'fed up of it' apparently and were leaving the front door open in the hope it would wander off
It is unbelievable the way some people think

It's not exactly being Dr Doolittle when you stop to consider the responsibilities you take on when taking on a pup. Having said that, people who don't particularly like dogs often cannot understand the way we dog lovers feel about them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2009, 10:28 AM
As both my sons were brought up with dogs and horses what they consider to be normal is probably completely abnormal to people who have never had a dog, and I am trying to understand this. I couldn't take him in myself as I have 2 entire females and although he would obviously have been neutered it is a big responsibility to take on a 3rd dog, when to be absolutely honest, if I did take on a 3rd dog at some stage it would be one I had bred myself. I obviously did consider this option, and even talked it over with my eldest son (currently staying with me due to a relationship breakdown) and he agreed with me. He is not at a stage himself where he can move to his own place, plus his new girlfriend has a dog herself, etc etc. So we did discuss options within the family before looking elsewhere. I just pray and hope that this poor pup gets a permanent home, and I have stressed this to my youngest son. I know he loved the pup and it was walked regularly and he was looking for a local training class, he had him coming to call already and the pup was making a lot of progress with him, so I know it has been a wrench for him.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Hi,

I understand completely. My OH hasn't yet accepted my dogs and I had him first (so to speak). He xpects me to put the dogs aoutside when he comes to my house, which is something I refuse poin blank to do. They're part fo my family and if he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to come here! Harsh I know - but that's how it is!

I hope the pup gets on well with the lady who can spend time with him, I'm so sorry for how your Son must be feeling but to be honest, I could quite easily clout his girlfriend.

Laura xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >