Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2007, 07:35 PM

Can Anyone Recommend

A printer? I was thinking of upgrading my old printer to 1 of these new super duper 1s...the all in 1s...printer, scanner & copyer. Dont know what togo for? Also i thimnk that ink for these willbe expensive

It takes ages for me to print out anything from my printer?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Personally I'm not a fan of the all in one products because is one thing goes, you lose the lot but if that is what you have your heart set on, I think you can't go wrong with HP as a manufacturer. Again, my opinion only
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Not sure about which printer but i have found that most lemark printers are rubbish + as for ink it can be very expensive but theres quite a few websites do some cheaper ink on most brands also we go to a computer fair to get ares its very cheap good luck in your search
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I am of same as Wufflehoond don't favour the all in ones they are good if your limited for space.

My printer is the epson Photo R320 it's great and also does cd's/ dvds inside the printer. Print straight from the memory card if you want fab printer inks last for ages.

Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I have had an Epson RX425 for just over a year now.There is a newer model out,but mine is brilliant.Its what you are looking for as it scans,prints and photocopys.The ink refils are very cheap compared to Lexmark.I have recommended Epson printers to a lot of my mates and they are as chuffed as i am.This is the one my Mum has just bought and she is over the moon with it.

Epson Stylus RX520 All in One Photo Printer, Scanner and Copier.
From Amazon Price: £95.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 09:24 PM
i am not a fan of all-in-ones, however this one has been given good reviews and i am planning on getting it.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...ory_oid=-24820
I have had a few printers over the years and am not keen on lexmark. Epson use to be very bad on ink useage, i dont know if that has changed
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 09:33 PM
I have a Lexmark all in one, and one sentence will sum them up

THEY'RE CRAP!!!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Epsoms and Canon (maybe some others) have the print head in the machine so making the ink cheeper. Lexmark and HP etc have the print head on the cartridge, so eachtie you replace the ink your replacing the head too... just a wee bit useless info
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Not useless Ian,important because the prices of Lexmark ink is so much dearer because of it.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Can't say about all in ones, (though it's interesting reading as I'm thinking about one) but def no Lexmark.
When I had my 2nd printer it was Lexmark.... and the refill cartridges were more expensive than the printer was in the first place!

Moral of the story, always check how much ink is before buying a printer!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >