View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:05 PM
I really hope things improve soon!! You sound as if you are doing your very best!! I really feel for you!!

Are the charities able to help such as PDSA or RSPCA? I hope this does not offend you!? I know they can help with illness and vets fees, but am not sure if they are able to offer temporary help?

PS I am sure many an animal are bought up on worse food than adult instead of puppy!! Wishing you all the best!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Cannot add anymore to what has been said already but hang in there and best wishes from me and my lot, hoping things improve for you very soon. x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:11 PM
what do you normally feed ?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Please don't worry about your dog I am sure she will come to no harm having adult food. Many, many years ago my dogs were just fed on left overs and the odd tin of dog food if I could afford it, there wasn't all the commercial food about then, and one dog lived until 17 and the other 15 so don't worry. I know its not easy to do but worrying won't solve any problems. Just take each day as it comes, and I really hope your luck changes soon.
Luna Wolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:45 PM
It won't do her any harm in the short term, hope things improve for you soon. I've been there so I really do empathise. (((Hugs)))
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Can't add anything except that I hope things start to pick up soon for you all and you get the luck you deserve (((hugs)))
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. Fingers crossed things will pick up next month, when we start to feel the benefit of a few of the savings we've made (and hopefully OH's bike will go for a good price - we should have someone coming to see it at the weekend ).

Just to answer a few questions, she's a 22 week old GSD cross and usually gets Pro Plan puppy (because our vet recommends it). We worked out the cost of it compared to some other puppy feeds that our local feed merchant gets in, and it was actually far more reasonable than we thought (normally our vet only recommends very expensive things! ).

My mum hasn't got back to me, so we gave Amber three quarters of her amount of Pro Plan, and a little bit of the Wagg (which is what Sam eats) this morning, and she hoovered it up, as normal. I don't think she even noticed the difference!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Bless her she'll be fine on it. Dont worry...
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I am by no means an expert but my 14 week old pup has been on adult food since the breeders weaned her. Never done her any harm and she is thriving The breeders do this with all their pups and if the condition of their adult dogs is anything to go by it is the best thing for them
Flynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I think it'l be fine. As long as she is gettin some sort of nutrition then its all good

(are you on NR...)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >