Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2014, 07:45 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone gosh what an awful day again. It has rained here almost constantly since lunch time yesterday.
I am struggling to want to get up in the mornings with it all and I am not in the dreadful position some of the poor souls are in.
I kid you not I think we are going to need to think about building an ark soon.
Jenny and Jenny Nippy I do hope it has not affected you too much again. Listening to the news on and off while making my cuppa I think it has though.
Helena I hope you are ok too. I hope you enjoyed your evening out. You did go out didn't you ?
I think the coast lines are in for another good battering again at the weekend.

I am birthday cake making today weather permitting over to Essex tomorrow to drop young George's birthday cake in he was 16 in the week. Pop into Gill and see mum. Tidying too for Gorden coming home.

I hope all poorly peeps are feeling better especially Meg and all poorly doglets who are under the weather are feeling better.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone else

Hope all are well and managing with this weather. I'm watching the breakfast news show on BBC and Somerset is having a horrible time and have been warning those in "charge" since mid December what was going to happen!! Typical. Hope those fighting with the floods are ok.

Busy day today with daughter and her fiance moving belongings into storage ....Well, the stuff not coming here! Also I'm going to clean their carpets before they leave their rented place. I'm wanting to do it today so I can go see my best bud tomorrow....bit selfish I know, but I will cancel if necessary.

Stay safe folks
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.

Yes, me too Lynn, I'm beginning to wonder if this is armageddon (sp?) arriving down south, as we brace ourselves for yet another head on today

Jen, you have a bit of resbite today, even some sunshine I see, but the next one arriving tomorrow, will again I'm afraid hit you lot head on. It's truly awful Makes you wonder about those contrails now doesn't it??!!

Lynn, Looks like you've got a lovely week-end planned there, especially a visit to Gill, I'm sure she's sooooo looking forward to seeing you again. Hope the cake turns out just how you want.

Well, we went out last night in the torrential rain and strong winds, and the restaurant was half empty (no surprise there then!). I was very disappointed in my fillet steak. It is a beefeater chargrill, so how come the steak was pale and grey looking, with just a few lines of *char* here and there? I can't fathom it out, and it was almost cold, but I ate it cos it tasted ok (ish). Dave's rump was the same. This is what we had the first time we went, and yet on Christmas Day, the steak was as it should be, sizzling and juicy and soft. I'm going to do one of *my* e-mails to them and complain about this, as they definitely were not chargrilled imo, more like bluddy steamed after being seared with a hot poker to make the marks lol!

We shared this huuuuuge eton mess desert, I almost had to stand up to dig into it once we got half way down with it plonked in the middle of the table in this massive glass bowl on a stem I made darn sure Dave kept strictly to his side of it, so I marked a line across the top lol!

Nothing on today, just walking Zena and having a quiet day whilst Dave continues with his bathroom saga, but the basin and cupboard are in now, the tiles are grouted, and maybe the mosaics might go up today too I don't know.

Jenny, I do hope you're not marooned up there again and your grass is under water, cos I've been watching the news on Sky yesterday and the Thames they say is going to take a few days to collect all the water from Oxford, and what with what's coming.......

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, but I wasn't on here at all yesterday I was out and about cos I didn't have lunch to cook, and then with Dave when I was home.

Enjoy your day everyone, stay safe cos it's the same old same old and will be for another week if not longer. On that note, I'll catch you all later.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Morning Lynn and all to follow.

I am off to bed just sitting drying out after taking Bella out this morning. It is not to bad here in B'ham although it is bad enough. Supposed to be brightening up here today. Then rain tomorrow again.

I am off to bed then.

Bit of sad news first saw a dead cat by the road when out with Bella and popped into the corner shop to let him know (he knows everything and everyone) but as I did a chap the driver was putting a note up in the window. The cat had no collar and died outright. The incident was witnessed by a neighbour of mine who was without his Staff Bo - and I found out she was PTS on Saturday she was 3 weeks younger than my Sal Bo had diabetes and went blind 2 years ago but got around well. We used to walk together back when they were pups and they came to Sal's puppy class at the vets. A link and a sad loss.

Lynn sweet 16. A nice birthday sure the cake will go down well. How is Gill at the moment and your Mom? I would leave the tidying for Gordon to do.

Anyhow sure someone will have posted while I am typing so Good morning all - and Goodnight.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Morning lynn and all
I have had no heating or hot water for 2 days now. They are awaiting parts for my boiler and a new pump. Thank goodness I am at work today again to get warm. i have never felt so cold and its not helping with my draughty windows. If i put an empty carrier bag on my windowsills it will blow off they are that bad.

My thoughts are with both Jennys this morning. I have been watching the news and its horrific down the south west. Still no sign of a let up either. its like Britain is sinking.

Lynn hope the cake making goes well

GG don't work too hard sounds like you have a hectic day.

Take care everyone and have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Morning Gill, Helena, Kazz and Bev.

Helena what a a shame about the steak especially as you turned out in dire weather too. I love those Eton mess deserts but you definitely need two to tackle one.
Gill sounds like a busy day cleaning carpets for you. Take care.
What a sad morning for you Kazz . very thoughtful of the driver to put a note in the shop window some don't think to do that. I hope you and Bella are dried out now.
Gill will need more chemo she is being re-assessed in March to see when they think its likely to be sooner rather than later or not. She is very down about it. Mum holding her own she will be 94 in May doesn't get out of bed now though. She is not in a happy place mentally or physically with the situation.
Morning Bev not good no heating and hot water the weather may be considered mild for this time of year but it soon gets cold by tea time. I hope they get your parts very soon and fix it.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Morning all
Here's hoping the weather lets up very soon for all those in the sw. Hubby's family are from Somerset and I have messaged them to ask if they ok. They seem to be thank goodness.
It's dry here for today, which I'm glad about as my son wants to take us out today. Hubby has booked a couple of days off while Liam is home. Don't know where we going though, will let you know later. Keeping Rosie in still, seeing as she's still in season she's fed up now bless her.
Right I'm off to make another cuppa
Hope everyone has a good day and is feeling better
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all.
It has been a blustery night but today is quite spring like again.... what is going on apparently it is going to be worse that ever this afternoon/evening. Our friend from Germany phoned last night he was worrying about us.
Morning Gellygoo
Morning Helena....don't mention contrails, haha that did make me laugh. The last few days have felt as if the end of the world is nigh and as you say more to come. Very surprised about you steak, I love Beefeater steak, never had a bad one, so yes an email is necessary!
Hello Kazz how sad about the cat and about Bo
Morning Bev I feel for you, nothing worse than the cold. It doesn't help that you think we might be sinking, either that or being blown away
Morning Lynn Sad news about your sister and also your Mum. It all adds to the strain for you Take care of yourself.
I'm taking Brian to the Dr now for his check up on his B/P etc. Speak later.

Hi Mandy where did you come from?!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Morning Everyone, Have stripped the beds and got the sheets into the machine. I shall have to dry them all over the night storage heaters on racks. I must also put the dehumidifier on to take the water out of the air only with the bedroom and the washing the atmosphere will be quite damp in here.

MM, I do hope your mother picks up. and little Lyla is behaving herself.

Lynn enjoy your trip down here don't come too far east as it gets worse this way as MM as said. I hope you find your mum in a better mind and the birthday boy excited. We are waiting for the big storm tomorrow to see whether simon has cured our problems or not. I suspect after 17 years of it it will probably be only a temp mend but that is better than nothing.

Helena, shame about your meal last night. I would complain whole heartedly if I were you perhaps they will offer you another meal for free.

Eileen, Lore, Meg
, hope you are all ok and take care today. God Bless all. Have a good day.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Good Morning!!
Trying to remember everything,
LYNN,good luck with the birthday cake Sure you'll have a lovely day with Gill and the rest of the folks xx
HELENA,drawing a line across the Eaton mess wasn't very romantic Sorry your steak didn't turn out well,you were so looking forward to it Lucky you weren't out with my OH,he'd have refused to pay for it,and rightly so I say.
KAZZ,sad start to your morning (( hugs))
GILLIAN,hope everything goes smoothly with the folks moving in.You are not selfish at all,wanting to go see your friend
MANDY you can tell how much you adore your son,have a lovely time with him(( hugs)) to Rosie,bless her xx
Is it BEV who has no heating?What a disaster Geez you must be foundered Hope you get it sorted xx
NIPPY JEN and JENNY,thinking of you both,you both look dry and warm in my picture
Sunny,dry,little frosty here Had are walk( keep forgetting my gloves)Wee quick tidy up,shower and then I think I'll go shopping Oldest with probably come with if she ever surfaces
Will see ya later,have a great day
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »