Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 09:18 AM

I Love This Time Of Year

Its no longer the doom and gloom of the short days. We can see we are on the upward Spiral to having light mornings and evenings again and soon the lovely long, hopefully warm summer days will be with us.
It really uplifts your mood I think especially when you can start your first dog walk of the day in the light instead of the pitch black.
The month I hate the most and find the most depressing is October. Thats a real downward spiral with nothing but dark dog walks, cold, wet and snow to look forward to.
But now whatever the weather throws at us we know we are on the way up and out of it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 09:25 AM
I agreee Bev.
I love March, I call it the yellow month. All the yellow flowers are coming out as well as the sun.
We already have Daffs, Crocus and Forsythia so we are getting there.
Lets hope we have a good summer to make up for this horrible winter.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 09:28 AM
We have sunshine here today, and it really does lift your spirits. We also have daffodils and crocuses starting to appear on our walks, really gives you a feel good factor
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I can't wait to start taking the dogs for a good long walk after work instead of a quick 15mins round the field.

Near us we have the river and can walk along the canal for a few miles if we are feeling energetic but most the path is overhung and you can't see who is round the corner, so I only go there with my OH and not on my own.

But now it is getting lighter, if I get my backside in gear and get home by 5.30, I can the dogs in the car and get up Werneth Low for a good long walk. My OH may be working away next week so if I can get up there, the dogs will crash out all night for me.

And I know this is sad, but I know summer is coming when I can hang washing outside instead of having it hung in the back bedroom.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 10:25 AM
On the days I work for the last few weeks, we have had a bit of light on our evening walks. Makes a very nice change from the 4-5 months of depressing walking in the pitch black (with added driving rain and deep mud).
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I suffer incredibly badly from seasonal affective disorder (it's so bad I generally end up on anti depressants most years), it starts to lift about this point in the year thankfully.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I suffer incredibly badly from seasonal affective disorder (it's so bad I generally end up on anti depressants most years), it starts to lift about this point in the year thankfully.
I can sympathise entirely Dizzi, I also suffer from S.A.D and I too am on antidepressants, I'm hoping to be off them soon though.

I love this time of year, today has been amazing, I have two loads currently out on the line and hoping they will dry tomorrow. I have already had a load of washing out and dried and back in, LOVE it!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Me too

I noticed today we have new buds coming on the fruit trees in the garden and on the roses

I too have had washing out and it's blown it lovely in the sun and it's dry

More of the same tomorrow please!
TheABCs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2011, 06:51 PM
It's lovely to see the crocus starting to push their way through the ground, and enjoy the feeling of spring in the air!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Oooh and I'm almost measuring my bulbs starting to pop through the ground now

Now...if I could only remember what on earth I planted and where....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >