Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 04:45 PM

JWB now Pedigree?

I heard today that James Wellbeloved has been taken ocer by the makers of Pedigree Chump, is this right?

I have looked on JWB website and they dont mention this...

I feed my girl JWB as there isnt any chems and 'bulkers' in it and I dont like pedigree as there food is full of c**p, so if they have been taken over I will have to change brand.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 04:52 PM
oh wow i hope its not true i use JWB too to avoid al the crap in other brands.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 04:52 PM
We feed JWB but have been thinking of changing to foldhill will do now if this is true.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I have not heard anything but if true it does not necessarily mean whats in the food will change.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Pedigree do own JWB and have done for a number of years - they also own many other brands including Royal Canin, Chappie, Whiskas, Frolic, among many others. They are ultimately owned by Mars inc.

There has been no change in the way these brands are manufactured so don't worry, they're not suddenly all going to turn into Pedigree Chum

Debs
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Lets hope so Stormey, I too will be forced to change if this is the case.

I hope to get more info soon, so I let you guys know what I find out if no one else on here knows if they have been taken over.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 06:28 PM
JWB have been owned by pedigree for about 2 years so a bit late to change now
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Pedigree Master Foods have owned JWB for a good few years now and they test their products on animals, which is why we would never feed our animals JWB.

see link
http://www.uncaged.co.uk/petfood.htm

Brands to Boycott
The main culprits for cruel and unethical animal testing are the major international 'pet' food businesses.

IAMS / Eukanuba owned by Procter & Gamble
Hills Science Diet owned by Colgate Palmolive

The majority of pet food brands available in the UK are produced by two animal testing companies - "Nestlé Purina/Friskies" and "Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc)."

Nestlé Purina/Friskies: Alpo, Bonio, Felix, Go Cat, Gourmet, Omega Complete, Proplan, Spillers, Vital Balance, Winalot.

Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc): Bounce, Cesar, Chappie, Frolic, James Wellbeloved, Katkins, Kitekat, Pal, Pedigree Chum, Royal Canin, Sheba, Techni-cal (US & Canada), Whiskas. Pedigree also manufacture Thomas rabbit food and Trill bird food.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Very interesting. I had no idea. Thanks for the info. I do hope the ingredients of James Wellbeloved don't change, it seems quite a good food.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by lisa0307 View Post
Pedigree Master Foods have owned JWB for a good few years now and they test their products on animals, which is why we would never feed our animals JWB.

Erm, dogs are animals.

I have taken part in the testing of Pedigree dog food. I was given quite a bit of food in several varieties, and I had to feed it to my dogs, then evaluate it in writing.

Is there something wrong with that?

Dawn R.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >