Our sister sites
Our sister sites
reeves729
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2018, 10:51 PM

White bumps on dogs mouth

Hi!

So my puppy has a couple weird white bumps on her mouth. She hasnt had trouble eating or anything and after looking at a couple other threads I think its oral pappillomavirus which ive heard go away on their own.

I took her to the vet today just to be sure and he said that it was probably viral too but he wanted to send a sample off to the lab. I really like the vet we use but sometimes I feel like he charges my husband and I extra for things we may not need. My husband doesn't get that feeling at all though so I may just be paranoid and that not be the case at all.

Anyways, to send a sample to the lab and have her warts removed its going to cost around $350-400. I am willing to pay for the laser treatment for sure which is around $175, but im a little iffy about sending the sample off to the lab if it is just the pappillomavirus that will resolve on its own. What would you all do? Should I get a second opinion? also does this price sound reasonable?
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1739-2.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	5944  
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2018, 12:09 AM
Without the Lab work tbe Vet wont know 100% what he is dealing with. Personally I would pay it as I would want to know what it is - it may be something that does not need treatment but the Vet won’t know that without the lab work.

Vet costs vary from different areas and what labs they use. I am in the UK. The last time we had lab work done along with other test work it all came to around £300. So I don’t think what your Vet is charging excessive, Pet insurance is always a good investment