Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
My Brodie loves birds. She almost killed Laura's (Vice chairwoman NI society) prize Turkey, she ripped all his flying feathers out and now have discovered she will chase anything that has feathers. Norty girl!
Oops! Hope the turkey was okay after its ordeal? (How embarrassing though - the PRIZE turkey! Looks like Brodie likes only the best ).
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Yes she does Linda, poor Laura was going to show her turkey at the fowl shows and couldnt after that! I was so embarrassed.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 11:32 PM
OMG how awful. :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 , sorry, please don't be offended, it just reminded me of a cat my mum had, who got hold of a neighbour's precious (and expensive) Koi Carp. He didn't realise the financial value of it - to him it was just dinner and all that was left when we went out into the garden was a patch of red-gold. We never told the neighbour so not very honest .
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 11:39 PM
OOOOOHHHHH!!! Laura doenst talk to me anymore!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-03-2006, 06:34 AM
LOL @ the turkey & fish

Its a natural instinct, we`ve got a fish pond & a couple of times the dogs have jumped in, hooked a fish & ate it. They hunt & catch moles regularly & a few times they`ve got into the chicken run, last time one of the males had a chicken & it was dead, he did bring it back to me but I let him have it & he ate the lot, feathers n all
Few yrs ago Sweep caught & killed a stoat & brought it back to me, my lot have brought a range of things back, birds, rabbits, moles, even a snake once
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2006, 10:52 AM
considering danes were bred to hunt boar,my 2 would starve,bess probably would if she could run,freddie not sure,sniff it out yes,catch it no,henry no,so wants everyone and everything to love him,
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 11:36 AM
My Murph caught OH's sausages last night ...I was going out so had started to cook his tea -put them on a plate at the side of me ,turned and they were gone ....Oh came in I said ''your dinner's in the dog '' and went out ( I've wanted to say that for years lol

Murph will chase anything with a pulse he's never caught anything yet but I have no doubt if he did it would be down his gob in a nano second...he's a dog
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 11:39 AM
that involves far too much effort i think for Bruno - he does like to chase things but he hasnt ever caught anything - he gives chase and then gets a bit bored and tired !!LOL

Although if he ever did catch any of the crows that tease him in our garden I am sure they would be down the hatch. they are his arch nemesis !! LOL
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-03-2006, 11:47 AM
With Bob ,if it moves he will chase it. He even managed to catch a blackbird
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 11:59 AM
If any of my Dogs Chased and Killed they would never be off lead without a Muzzel I would not want them to Kill someones pet or any Animal, when its so easy pervented.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >