Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 10:49 PM

Went to Flyball tonight!

Hey,

Well, we took Megan and Riley to our first go at flyball tonight!! They both barked and thought it was VERY exciting!

Unfortunately Meg didn't quite get the hang of it lol She kept jumping the fencing stuff around the jumps rather than the actual jumps - But Riley did it perfectly everytime except for the first time! He jumps funny (never jumped anything before lol ) and he didn't have a go at carrying the ball back down over the little jumps but he caught and carried it which i think is ok for his first try

He absolutely loved doing it - He barked as he was running and he was just having so much fun!! Definately taking him back next week!! We're going to concentrate on Riley for the moment, and when he's used to it we'll give Meg another go
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 10:52 PM
aww im so glad that you had a better time at flyball tonight i know you was a bit down last class at trying agility but hey this seems to of worked its great fun when they get the hang of it not only for your dogs but for yourself
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Awww, thank you

I was a bit down last week as i thought Riley would have enjoyed the agility but it was just too technical for him - He cant think quickly enough! But he is very easy to train with fairly simple things so once he'd been shown how to do the first part of the flyball he was fine and able to do it every other time! Bringing the ball back will be the next thing for him to learn
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 11:09 PM
aww once riley gets the hang of it he will get better and better its so nice to see them enjoying themselfes and having ago at something entirely new its good that you have chosen a new kind of sport for riley to try well done to you all
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Glad you had a good time, it sounded like fun
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 11:45 PM
That sounds like fun !